support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

WANTED - tenor saxophone for project

RMorgan

Locality
Brazil
Hi everyone,

Well, I´m looking forward to buy a not fully working old tenor saxophone to practice the art of saxophone overhauling.

It´s doesn´t really matter the brand, as long as it used to play in tune and all the parts are there.

So, if any of you have an old saxophone in the basement that really need some care, just drop me a note here.

Preferably, I´d rather North-American or European saxophones.

I´m don´t intend to earn money from it. I just want to do it for curiosity and to learn more about the instruments.

I believe that learning how an instrument works actually can really help someone to be a better player; to really feel the instrument.

Cheers,

Raf.

as long as it used to play in tune and all the parts are there.

Saxophones never play in tune.
I would recommend the devil's junkyard (ebay) unless you let us know your geographical position; that might help.

Saxophones never play in tune.
I would recommend the devil's junkyard (ebay) unless you let us know your geographical position; that might help.

Hey aldevis,

Thanks for the reply. :)

When I said "in tune", I was meaning that at least all tone wholes are in the right places; a generally well made saxophone.

I know a lot of saxophones have pretty poor design; these are almost impossible to fix.

About ebay, honestly, I´d rather not to buy there. I´ve had some bad experiences there; too many dishonest sellers.

I´m located in Brazil but it´s not a problem. I´ve already bought many things abroad and usually a use paypal and usps priority mail international.

Thanks again.

Raf.

Hey aldevis,

Thanks for the reply. :)

When I said "in tune", I was meaning that at least all tone wholes are in the right places; a generally well made saxophone.

I know a lot of saxophones have pretty poor design; these are almost impossible to fix.

About ebay, honestly, I´d rather not to buy there. I´ve had some bad experiences there; too many dishonest sellers.

I´m located in Brazil but it´s not a problem. I´ve already bought many things abroad and usually a use paypal and usps priority mail international.

Thanks again.

Raf.

I was joking about the tuning. I know what you mean.
I do not know about Brazilian import taxes, but probably you can find some excellent King or conn horns from the USA for very little money. If they are cheap enough, it might be worth the risk. Pads and materials are another issue, but oddly enough I buy the cheap ones from Canada through ebay (the good ones come from Italy through Germany).

I was joking about the tuning. I know what you mean.
I do not know about Brazilian import taxes, but probably you can find some excellent King or conn horns from the USA for very little money. If they are cheap enough, it might be worth the risk. Pads and materials are another issue, but oddly enough I buy the cheap ones from Canada through ebay (the good ones come from Italy through Germany).

Hey mate,

Yeah, Brazilian import taxes are pretty high, in fact, one of the worse. About 60% on all imported products.

You would be surprised if you checked the prices of Conns and Kings on ebay; they are pretty expensive.

That´s why I´m not looking for any specific brand, as long as it´s a decent sax.

About the pads and springs, I know a very good sax luthier here who have them for affordable prices. He also makes his own pads and they´re pretty good.

Man, I´m really looking forward to work on this project. I really love spending my time fixing things, specially musical instruments.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hey folks,

I´m sure some of you have an old sax lying down in the basement, needing some special care! :)

I´m really looking forward to start this project!

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi guys,

I´ve just bought myself two alto saxophones for this project.

One is a Gretsch (made by Martin Indiana Band Inst. Co.) and the other is a Harwood (made by Buescher), I guess they are both from around 1920-30.

I should take about a month for them to arrive.

Anyway, I´ll need a lot of help with this project, so I´m counting on you! :)

Cheers,

Raf.

Moderators: Feel free to close this thread.

We are waiting for saucy pictures.

We are waiting for saucy pictures.

Sure! As soon as they arrive, I´ll post detailed pictures.

I´ll also make a new thread, so you guys can help me along my journey.

They are in pretty good conditions. All keys and original necks are there.

Cheers,

Raf.

Hey Kev,

I was looking forward to buy this book in ebook format, since it saves the shipping costs which are commonly more expensive than the book itself, however, I couldn´t find any place to buy it in digital format.

It looks like a great book.

Man, you probably don´t know how frustrating it is to wait about a month for every thing you import. Usually, it takes about 10 days for anything to arrive here in Brazil, but our customs is so slow.

That´s another reason I´d rather buying digital books; they arrive instantly.

Cheers,

Raf.

afik it's not available in digital format. But why don't you send him a pm and ask - he's a member here. Or google his web site and send him an email.