All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Wanted wanted: selmer b.a./s.b.a. style alto neck, brass lacquer.

peterpick

I agree to the rules of the yardsale
Yes
Price of Item
£300
Other Pricing Info
Ballpark price I would pay
Payment Method
money
Your Location
lewes, sussex, england
Can ship anywhere
n/a (wanted ads)
Shipping Included
n/a (wanted ads)
Amount paid to Cafe Fundraising
£15
Allow chat and/or off topic posts
Yes
it is ironic, strange and yet typical that i should now want a ba style neck when previously i sold one. but that one was silver plate and this one must be brass.

being the sort of idiot i am i bought a balanced action alto without playing it, and when it got here it took me at least 20 minutes to work out that it had a fake neck, someone's even stuck the appropriate selmer badge on the front but i know these necks and this is not it. if anyone can find a neck i am very interested, and anything from 1930 (after the model 26/28 but before the mk VI) will do me, it could come from a new wide bore, a cigar cutter, a radio improved, or whatever sss might be available. i will pay, of course, but not the $800 someone wants on ebay.com. the sax plays fine incidentally with a reasonable neck and i have 2 necks that fit, one is solid silver and the other is meant to be for a reference something, but it's a sort of matt gold colour, so i am neither desperate nor helpless in the matter, but still, it would be nice. i would pay £300, as a suggestion.

OP
peterpick

peterpick

thanks ted, all is good. hello hankenstine: i was in communication with this seller, he was a ****. he refused to say what he would accept, and i refused to pay £800. i really think that's excessive, some people are just profiteers, i hope he never sells it. he's also put another one up, and i'm not paying £800 for that either. hi jaye, yes i know of gloger, but i'd really prefer the neck selmer made for it.

scotsman

Hi Peter..Glad the silver neck is fine..Regarding the plating..I used to restore vintage motorbikes.. ..I seem to remember a thing called plating stripping.. However I don't know what, if any, the repercussions would be regarding the sound..Regards

OP
peterpick

peterpick

ah, that's a good point. it's never popular, anyway, to mess about with the finish on a sax, except taking lacquer off. i was just playing the silver neck and it sounds as sweet as err, a sweet thing.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom