support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

FOUND Wanted-beginners alto.

mpjbiker

Locality
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi all, I'm on the lookout for an alto for a beginner-I've just picked up a Sakkusu for another student, and I have to say, it's better than good, it's excellent! I paid £150 for it-if I could find another, I'd be happy! Say an upper price of £175-happy to donate if bought through the forum, cheers!

@mpjbiker please confirm the amount of donation ie 5% of purchase price

Thank you

Jx

Even the Chinese Sakkusus are better than an Artemis. the Taiwan ones are getting very thin on the ground now in Alto .. David UK usually has a few horns kicking about contact him via PM

Even the Chinese Sakkusus are better than an Artemis. the Taiwan ones are getting very thin on the ground now in Alto .. David UK usually has a few horns kicking about contact him via PM
But then you would be better buying second hand and getting any work done yourself rather than pay the extra mark-up.

Sorry, thought that was clear from previous post-yes, will donate 5% of anything bought through the forum :D.

Hi all, I'm on the lookout for an alto for a beginner-I've just picked up a Sakkusu for another student, and I have to say, it's better than good, it's excellent! I paid £150 for it-if I could find another, I'd be happy! Say an upper price of £175-happy to donate if bought through the forum, cheers!
Hi, I have an alto Sukkusu that I bought from new from Tunbridge Wells sax shop 3 years ago when I was learning. It is in immaculate order and has been recently checked by professional sax repairer of 30 years. Only needed a d sharp adjustment. I have the receipt. It has never required any other attention. I have looked after it and always cleaned it every time I have used. It really is pristine. Not a ding nor scratch.It comes with a the original Sukkusu case, also immaculate. I'm looking for £230 ono as it cost me £400 new and it is in nearly new condition. I agree a great sax but I want to buy an intermediate/advanced sax. get in touch if you are interested to discuss.

Hi, I have an alto Sukkusu that I bought from new from Tunbridge Wells sax shop 3 years ago when I was learning. It is in immaculate order and has been recently checked by professional sax repairer of 30 years. Only needed a d sharp adjustment. I have the receipt. It has never required any other attention. I have looked after it and always cleaned it every time I have used. It really is pristine. Not a ding nor scratch.It comes with a the original Sukkusu case, also immaculate. I'm looking for £230 ono as it cost me £400 new and it is in nearly new condition. I agree a great sax but I want to buy an intermediate/advanced sax. get in touch if you are interested to discuss.
Is this the tick logo model? If so these are rapidly becoming desireable and it's probably a better sax than you're thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: Ads
Yup, the Tick logo model of ALTO with the black plastic "pearls" and the squared off case is as good as any other "intermediate" horn and I`d rate it higher than some such as the TJ revolution-II, the Jupiter 7 series etc .. It`s a quality Taiwanese horn , also known as the Elkhart Deluxe and and really the predecessor of the Conn-Selmer Premiere 380

Is this the tick logo model? If so these are rapidly becoming desireable and it's probably a better sax than you're thinking.
Yes it's a tick logo model, black plastic pearls, Elkhart, square case with tick logo. So my estimate of price is way under it's real value. Should be more like the buying price. I need to reflect.

I saw a mint black tick logo recently for £150. Was up for sale for ages. At present nothing "unusual" seems to be an easy sell. Depends how long you can wait? £230 seems OK. At £400 you'd have it forever!

I saw a mint black tick logo recently for £150. Was up for sale for ages. At present nothing "unusual" seems to be an easy sell. Depends how long you can wait? £230 seems OK. At £400 you'd have it forever!
Yes David I'm sure your are right, maybe £230 is realistic.

An upgrade isn't always a better instrument. A good instrument is a good instrument regardless of desirability or price.

£200-£230 is about the going rate the fact that as an instrument it`s worth 3X that is irrelevant as it`ll only fetch what people are willing to pay - hence why you can get a superb 10M for just over £500 but if you want one from the "sweet spot" era, you'll pay 3X that and more - 3X the horn ? , Nope probably only 5% better on a good day

£200-£230 is about the going rate the fact that as an instrument it`s worth 3X that is irrelevant as it`ll only fetch what people are willing to pay - hence why you can get a superb 10M for just over £500 but if you want one from the "sweet spot" era, you'll pay 3X that and more - 3X the horn ? , Nope probably only 5% better on a good day
More wise words from people in the know.

I'd try cash-converters or cash-generators, both have websites listing plenty of alto saxophones in the sub £250 range, or maybe you have a store nearby?... I spotted a 1970s Buffet Dynaction alto in one near me ;-)

Back
Top Bottom