FOUND Wanted-beginners alto.

Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
That`s buy of the decade David - Shame its pickup only :(

S

saxysusan

I'd try cash-converters or cash-generators, both have websites listing plenty of alto saxophones in the sub £250 range, or maybe you have a store nearby?... I spotted a 1970s Buffet Dynaction alto in one near me ;-)
Thanks Andy. Will try them

Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I`d put that Alto up against a TJ SR anyday .. Davey-Sax who changes his high end tenors almost monthly (Pro Tenor sax player from Geordieland for those who don`t know him) has an Elkhart Deluxe as his only Alto and has had for over a year !! , He`s had Yamahas, Yanis and Selmers , kept the Elkhart as Alto isn`t his main horn and it`s more than good enough ......... Says a lot from a guy who`s had loads of Altos and could have easily kept a fancy one

S

saxysusan

I`d put that Alto up against a TJ SR anyday .. Davey-Sax who changes his high end tenors almost monthly (Pro Tenor sax player from Geordieland for those who don`t know him) has an Elkhart Deluxe as his only Alto and has had for over a year !! , He`s had Yamahas, Yanis and Selmers , kept the Elkhart as Alto isn`t his main horn and it`s more than good enough ......... Says a lot from a guy who`s had loads of Altos and could have easily kept a fancy one
Well if it's good enough for Pro tenor sax player David then it's certainly good enough for me. I'll keep it.

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Well if it's good enough for Pro tenor sax player David then it's certainly good enough for me. I'll keep it.
Agree! Northern Davey is a very accomplished sax pro. Plus I believe that quite a few people have had very good experiences with your sax. Good luck

jazzdoh

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands

The amount of money he has lost on his tenors over the years I'm surprised he can afford an alto at all.LOL

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
The amount of money he has lost on his tenors over the years I'm surprised he can afford an alto at all.LOL
He did me a great deal on my first Stephanhouser 1500 alto, great horn

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Sorry Ads! I still only have two Step horns! However....................I still want to purchase the Step 2000 silver at some stage

Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
LOL - you said first Step 1500 alto , as if you had a number of the things and had totally lost the plot (the Step 1500 is one horn even Geoff Capes wouldn`t be able to break) ;) ....

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
If you think the 1500 is heavy you should have a try on the tenor!

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
@mpjbiker are you still looking for an alto or can I close this thread?

Thanks

Jx

mpjbiker

mpjbiker

Locality
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi J, yes, by all means close the thread, thanks!

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Thank you

Jx

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom