support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

WANTED - alto case

dooce

Locality
Daventry
Anyone got an old alto case they would be happy to let go? Cosmetics unimportant, it just needs to offer reasonable protection. The one that came with my £53 Amati has been on the end of a good kicking I reckon, but for that sort of money, what do you expect? :)

Price negotiable, 10% to Petes' charity will be paid by me on top of whatever we agree.

Anyone got an old alto case they would be happy to let go? Cosmetics unimportant, it just needs to offer reasonable protection. The one that came with my £53 Amati has been on the end of a good kicking I reckon, but for that sort of money, what do you expect? :)

Price negotiable, 10% to Petes' charity will be paid by me on top of whatever we agree.

Bill, I've got one, but shipping to the UK probably kills it.
Keep an eye on ebay - you may be able to pick up a new case from a chinese alto for a few pounds. I've done that a couple of times here, paying 5-10 euros per case.

Bill, I've got one, but shipping to the UK probably kills it.
Keep an eye on ebay - you may be able to pick up a new case from a chinese alto for a few pounds. I've done that a couple of times here, paying 5-10 euros per case.

Thanks Kev, I have been looking on eBay (that's how I got the sax in the first place) but nothing around at the moment.

How are you getting on with the little Czech beauty Bill?

I have a plastic Jacob Winter flightcase that I don't use. With double handles, "zip" and shoulder strap as well. No damage. If you're interesting I can see what the freight will be to UK. A Corton de Luxe alto (Yanagisawa stencil) fits perfect in that case!!!

Thomas

I have a Red Gator soft case - virtually brand new, used maybe on 10 outings max, with previous sax. Not used since I got my new instrument in Feb this year. see: http://www.allmusicplus.co.uk/acatalog/Gator.html for same (bought from this shop, which is local to me). Open to negotiation, around the half new price mark, plus whatever postage costs

I have a "Pro Tec" that I bought for £30 on ebay recently but I've had another bought for me as a present. I would be happy to get my money back, well lets say 20 to me, 5 to Pete and 5 postage.

I have a plastic Jacob Winter flightcase that I don't use. With double handles, "zip" and shoulder strap as well. No damage. If you're interesting I can see what the freight will be to UK. A Corton de Luxe alto (Yanagisawa stencil) fits perfect in that case!!!

Thomas
Thanks Thom - I think the Amati may also be a Yani stencil, but I think a flight case shipped from Sweden is going to be a lot more than the alto is worth! Sounds a wonderful bit of kit for the travelling player though. Thanks once again.

I have a Red Gator soft case - virtually brand new, used maybe on 10 outings max, with previous sax. Not used since I got my new instrument in Feb this year. see: http://www.allmusicplus.co.uk/acatalog/Gator.html for same (bought from this shop, which is local to me). Open to negotiation, around the half new price mark, plus whatever postage costs

Thanks Mandy, but I see Gator are of the soft gig-bag type - I was looking for a rigid case. Thanks anyway.

I have a "Pro Tec" that I bought for £30 on ebay recently but I've had another bought for me as a present. I would be happy to get my money back, well lets say 20 to me, 5 to Pete and 5 postage.

Perfect. PM sent.

How are you getting on with the little Czech beauty Bill?

Well, I gave up on trying to fix it myself - lack of time, expertise and suitable tools. Had it overhauled and a new pad for 50 quid by a guy in Northampton and it plays very nicely. Ergonomics are a bit weird after the Cannonball - G# key in particular seems to be in a different post-code to the rest of the instrument. It has a nice tone and good intonation with the Yamaha 6 mp I already had so I don't currently have the dreaded GAS for a new mouthpiece. I'll take it along to my lesson next week and see what Bazza the teacher thinks of it.

That sounds great Bill, you can't complain at an decently built horn for £100.
Have you got the details of that tech in N'hants and would you recomend him? My tenor needs an overhaull.

That sounds great Bill, you can't complain at an decently built horn for £100.
Have you got the details of that tech in N'hants and would you recomend him? My tenor needs an overhaull.

To be honest mate, he's OK but I have much more faith in a guy called Paul Egan who operates through St. Giles Music shop in Northampton but he only collects from them once a week and I couldn't get the alto to the shop in time. Simon (pjonah) uses Paul as well. Nice guy, he'll call you and discuss what needs doing, and his charges are very reasonable. Alternatively there is Heritage Music at Brackley who also do a great job, but I nearly fainted last time I used them - 75 quid for a pad replacement and a bit of tweaking!

http://www.woodwindrepairs.org/

Back
Top Bottom