All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

want a free web site for jazz biab a-z?

dooce

Wow, that is some resource. I'm a BIAB novice so I'm not entirely sure what it all means, but assuming all those files play as backing tracks, there's enough there to keep a few people off the streets.

Or indeed on them if they're buskers......

dooce

It's apparently a BIAB midi file. No I don't know what that means either.......

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
To open and use the files you need Band in a box software.. If they are midi files then BiaB has moved on a long way from then. It now uses RealTracks which are live audio files..

Chris...

Just tried using one with BiaB 2013 and it works fine. Gives you the dots and chords. You still need BiaB to open them though...

Chris...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzaferri

A MGU biab file is a song with melody line...a SGU is a file with just chords.

A biab file can be set to generate lead lines in the style of a number ofplayers and set to trade fours or eights or other number of bars as you wish. A good practice tool formlearning a bit of improv. If you get the latest full version which comes on a hard drive the are hundreds of different styles. I have used it for nearly a decade now. They are headquartered about 15 minutes feom where I live.

dooce

To open and use the files you need Band in a box software.. If they are midi files then BiaB has moved on a long way from then. It now uses RealTracks which are live audio files..

Chris...

Just tried using one with BiaB 2013 and it works fine. Gives you the dots and chords. You still need BiaB to open them though...

Chris...
I've got an old and I suspect, pirated version of BIAB but as I can't open the tutorial and help files as it is not compatible with anything beyond Windows Stone Age, I haven't managed to do much with it. However this has re-aroused my interest and I'll have a dabble.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom