• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Walstein Tenor - Phosphor Bronze

I'm selling my Walstein Tenor Sax - phosphor bronze. Mint condition. Case included.

Got it about 18 months or so ago - branded under the Walstein name - not Bahaus Walstein (think the name change came about a year or so ago).

Purchased from Woodwind and Brass.

I got it as an add on to my alto but never really found the time to play either properly over the last year and am now just back making pals with the alto. I'd love this tenor to go to a good home.

Will gladly accept £300 = £30 to Pete's charity, £20 postage and £250 balance

Let me know if you're interested

Gordon

OK
Give me some feedback guys please. Have I overpriced this ... or is there just nobody looking for a tenor at present?
I'm open to reasonable offers.
Thanks
Gordon

OK
Give me some feedback guys please. Have I overpriced this ... or is there just nobody looking for a tenor at present?
I'm open to reasonable offers.
Thanks
Gordon

Hi Gordon,

If I'd not recently got a tenor or could think of a really good reason why I should have two I'd be really quite interested, I'd love to try a Walstein.

The other thing which might be going against you slightly is that, this is a wonderful forum with quite an eclectic group of people who are here primarily to share ideas and they enjoyment of the sax, not so much buying and selling stuff, well that's my take on it anyway, and as your only posts are with regard to selling your sax it could look like that was you only reason for joining.

I know the feeling about not having time for both alto and tenor, I just realised I’ve only picked my alto twice in the last month, I think I’m addicted to my tenor. But last weekend when I was struggling with a few tunes on the tenor I picked up my alto and had such a great couple of hours running though some old material I know I need both to satisfy my sax needs!

Are you sure you want to part with your tenor?

All the best,

Chris

If it wasn't for the CaSLM needing me to purchase a new Mac, I'd snap it up.
Introduce yourself in The Doorbell. Tell us what genre attracts you, how long you've been playing, any other hobbies, rough location (you might be invited to join the Croydon and Sarf Lundun or similar saxophone Massives around the country) so that the members feel comfortable with you. Promise we will not bite your head off.

Thanks guys

That's good advice. I actually joined Pete's previous incarnation of the forum several years ago but drifted off as time pressures mounted. It was forum tip offs that resulted in my buying the Walstein in the first place (and also my Hanson SA5 alto ... )

When I came back I couldn't remember my previous log in name and details etc so took the lazy option and just signed up again.

I'm based near Edinburgh - love Stan Getz, Ben Webster, Johny Hodges and have just been fired into overdrive again after seeing Clarence "biggest man you ever saw" Clemons with The Boss in Glasgow.

I'd love to keep the Tenor but a need for extra cash at present means that I have to choose.

Thanks for the advice above - I appreciate it.

Hi Gordon!

Price seems very good - already have a tenor (Yani)which takes second place to my alto (Selmer), which takes second place to my trumpet (Geneva) which takes second place to my tenor trombone (Olds), which I am currently focussing on exclusively.

If I was just starting then I would jump at it. Glad that you realise the Alto is the one to play!:w00t::w00t:

Greetings from Skabertawe in Wales!:mrcool:mrcool
Tom

Thanks guys

That's good advice. I actually joined Pete's previous incarnation of the forum several years ago but drifted off as time pressures mounted. It was forum tip offs that resulted in my buying the Walstein in the first place (and also my Hanson SA5 alto ... )

When I came back I couldn't remember my previous log in name and details etc so took the lazy option and just signed up again.

GordonC

Thanks Pete

I keep meaning to get one of those little programs that remembers passwords and usernames - something else to put on the to do list !

I'm selling my Walstein Tenor Sax - phosphor bronze. Mint condition. Case included.

Got it about 18 months or so ago - branded under the Walstein name - not Bahaus Walstein (think the name change came about a year or so ago).

Purchased from Woodwind and Brass.

I got it as an add on to my alto but never really found the time to play either properly over the last year and am now just back making pals with the alto. I'd love this tenor to go to a good home.

Will gladly accept £300 = £30 to Pete's charity, £20 postage and £250 balance

Let me know if you're interested

Gordon

Any problem to play low notes on this sax?