support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Wall Mounted sax stand for tenor

half diminished

Gents and ladies

Currently re-oganising the office/music room and I need to fit a wall mounted stand that I can hang my tenor on. Any suggestions? Seem to recall this being discussed before but I couldn't find the thread.

Taa in advance. :)

This is what i did.

I used the upper part of a cheap sax stand and had some custom brackets make by a local fabricator (£30 for two)

I will need to get another couple made as I have two more saxes.

Works really well and if you are doing a gig you can use the stand in it's original base

mamos

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want me to see about getting some more brackets made up

mamos

It's a kind offer. Basically, I'm a little pressed for time. Mrs hd wants the office re-done as things are a bit of a mess (she's right) and I need to get as much done as possible this weekend as the following 2 weekends are out. Once the office is re-done I can buy my Mac Pro (unless she changes her mind again!) so I need to press on.

Thing is I play the tenor all the time and so I was hoping to 'carry on' as usual and as there will be no space for a 'proper' stand I would like to get on with it straight away. Also drilling will cause some mess and I'm hopeful I can get all the mess out of the way this weekend.

I have to add 4 new sockets, strip the wallpaper, fit new skirting boards, remove, fill and plaster an old vent, paint and then re-set the desks etc. All in one weekend!

It's not the end of the world if I have to wait for the bracket I guess and I may have no option anyway. So how much and how long for your contraption? I do have an old stand like yours that could be modded.

I think they cost me £30 for two and they were just bare metal.

I painted them with some hammerite or similar

It might be easier to get a local firm to you to make some up

I will draw up a set of plans tonight if i have time

mamos

Mamos, if I'm not being too cheeky, I'd like a set of your plans as well please. I think its a superb bracket but I'd probably fix the stand part to the bracket to make it a one piece item. Thanks in advance. ;}

Don't get a shock, or you ill be turning up in Rugby(busking) in May with a spikey stile hairdoo.....and you wont be able to wear your new hat.:)))
Trust me...im a sparky!!!

Nah, 's'ok. I've completely rewire a house before. I just need to extend the ring in the office. Fortunately there's only 1 sold wall and that'll just get 1 double! I hate all that chasing out mess but at least as it's a FF room I can come up rather than go down!!! :)

Ffortissimo stand

I use one of these for my alto I was assured it will take a tenor.

Available Sax.co.uk around 30 quid

Attachments

• wallsax.jpg
    wallsax.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 116
  • ff saxstand.jpg
    ff saxstand.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
It is. Have just mounted the stand on a picture hanger in order to photograph it. Held in its rightful place by two solid wall hooks at extremes of mount. I could probably hang myself from these hooks, and probably will if my playing doesn't improve soon.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom