All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Walkin with Mr Lee transcription

BrianJoeSandy

Locality
Daventry near enough
I am struggling with the first transcription (on this site). In the penultimate line there seem to be too many notes. Ie I hear three notes repeated three times and I don't hear any Bbs. One of the bars is written with too many notes to fit in to four beats. Anybody out there working on this?

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
I am struggling with the first transcription (on this site). In the penultimate line there seem to be too many notes. Ie I hear three notes repeated three times and I don't hear any Bbs. One of the bars is written with too many notes to fit in to four beats. Anybody out there working on this?

That's quite likely, I transcribed this years ago and it's one of those solos that doesn't fit too well into written music. If I remember correctly it's more likely there's a bar with not enough notes. I'll get around to redoing it one day I hope!

Meanwhile best to learn it by ear.

BrianJoeSandy

Locality
Daventry near enough
Walkin with Mr Lee

Thanks for the quick reply. It's my first attempt at a solo transcription. Seemed impossible at first. Now I'm nearly there. It really brings home what should be obvious, namely that a note on the page is only an indication of a sound on the sax. I like the way he chews the repeated as in particular.

BrianJoeSandy

Locality
Daventry near enough
Oops. Humble pie. I slowed it to 25% on transcribe and now I hear those Bbs in the penultimate line.

BrianJoeSandy

Locality
Daventry near enough
I have pretty much got it now. Has anyone transcribed the tune? If not I will have a go. It doesn't sound too hard after getting the solo.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom