Tutorials

Walkin with Mr Lee transcription

BrianJoeSandy

I am struggling with the first transcription (on this site). In the penultimate line there seem to be too many notes. Ie I hear three notes repeated three times and I don't hear any Bbs. One of the bars is written with too many notes to fit in to four beats. Anybody out there working on this?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
I am struggling with the first transcription (on this site). In the penultimate line there seem to be too many notes. Ie I hear three notes repeated three times and I don't hear any Bbs. One of the bars is written with too many notes to fit in to four beats. Anybody out there working on this?
That's quite likely, I transcribed this years ago and it's one of those solos that doesn't fit too well into written music. If I remember correctly it's more likely there's a bar with not enough notes. I'll get around to redoing it one day I hope!

Meanwhile best to learn it by ear.

OP
BrianJoeSandy

BrianJoeSandy

Walkin with Mr Lee

Thanks for the quick reply. It's my first attempt at a solo transcription. Seemed impossible at first. Now I'm nearly there. It really brings home what should be obvious, namely that a note on the page is only an indication of a sound on the sax. I like the way he chews the repeated as in particular.

Top Bottom