support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Vuvuzela Horns.

Alternatively take said horn and insert in nearest available orifice of person 'playing' it.

Ditto any of those remedies. I've just tried to watch the Holland/Denmark match while having lunch. Not the best game, but almost impossible to concentrate with all that racket. I'm reminded of Charlie Parker's exhortation to Miles Davis to "put the damn mute in" because he hated Davis' open horn sound.

Talking of South African horn players, did anyone see the opening concert? Hugh Masekela was just into his first chorus, sounding glorious on fluglehorn when he was peremptorially cut off. The (rather poor) anouncers then introducing a succession of pop singers and rappers. Each to his own and all that, but to be honest they could have come from anywhere in the World and would have been nothing without their professional backing groups. Poor old Hugh was allowed back to toot behind some urban type rapper on the last number. What a pity we didn't hear more of one of SAs greatest musicians.
YC

Anybody catch Newsnight last night?

Ended with a guy showing it off properly, it's really just a straight bugle and therefore the natural harmonic five note sequence should be easily obtainable.

Can anyone explain how all the vuvuzelas blowing supporters have conquered circular breathing?

http://www.mg.co.za/multimedia/2009-06-24-how-to-play-the-vuvuzela

Video lesson for you.

I read somewhere that they make a noise if you blow into it and also when you expel air hence the circular breathing effect.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom