All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones VKS Tenor

ProfJames

Elementary member
Go and do it. You only live once. It's not a lot of money is it? You could put it on your card.....the wife will never know....you will have it paid off in a month.......it's bound to go up in value.......you won't see one like that again in that condition.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
"Versilberung original"

I'm no linguist but that smells to me like "Original condition"

You know you need it

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
"Versilberung original"

I'm no linguist but that smells to me like "Original condition"

You know you need it

Versilberung is silver plating.... So seller says it's not been replated, and from this distance I believe him. Those old Kohlerts had really high quality plating. My '35 (ish) alto is almost like new. Wear in places, but about 95-99% intact. It's not as badly worn as the tenor we're discussing.

Wierd thing is that it's been repadded/overhauled in Kraslice by factory approved repairers. Kohlert died there when they & Keilwerth were nationalised into Amati after WWII. The families moved to Germany. Could be the seller bought it from someone in Cz (it's only a few hours drive from here), or maybe he sent it there for the work, not sure. It's got a Cz inscription, which was usually on the ones sold in Cz. Kohlert tended to inscribe their saxes in the language of the destination country. Certainly as far as Germany and France are concerned. Seller says it's the last part of his collection as well.

Saxes like this tend to go for a high price as lots of late bidders snipe - or get missed completely.

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
Re: Sax stand

It is 690 euros at the moment, with 12 hours to go. Seems reasonable, kevgermany can use his local currency to buy tt

llamedos

Am I in a parallel universe? We seem to have gone from VKS tenor to sax stand as a thread title. It must be a ploy to put others off while Kev girds up his loins and steers his camel in the direction of Munich.

Go for it Kev - tell senior management that OG put you up to it.

Dave

AndyWhiteford

looks to me like it might be nickel plate? was that an option?
-A-
(I'm surprised "Alley Cat" isn't chasing this, he tells me he's a *big* Kohlert fan)

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom