Visualising the sound. How to it right?

Dolce Vita

Hi there!
Just want to thank you first for site and forum - it really helps!
And my question is about visualisation. Maybe because of the language (my first one is russian) I cannot get it clear from the article on your site. WHERE exactly I should see the sound? WHERE is that line? Is it like a screen in front of me? or should I see the sound going from inside me into the sax and out of the bell. Please help me with that as I believe (and even know from my professional experience in other area) that visualisation has a great power.
Maybe somebody can share some other tips for visualising the sound and how it can improve your play:sax:

OP
D

Dolce Vita

hhmmm... But where then I see a beginning of the sound? again is it my lungs and then the straight line of the sound goes through the mouthpiece...or it starts at the mouthpiece?

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I would not bother trying to visualise your lungs or mouthpiece, Just the sound. I can understand if this doesn't work well everyone, it works for me and some people but I haven't really reserched on how to do it for anyone who is finding it hard. Sorry.

OP
D

Dolce Vita

OK...First I probably really need to keep the SOUND in my head and after that to visualise that... Maybe that was my problem I tryed to see just a picture and forgot about how it should sound :confused: ... But thank you guys for your advises - gonna go now and just practice, practice, practice. That's I think what it is;}

Top Bottom