• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Vintage Selmer S80 C** Alto Mouthpiece

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Price of Item
£48.30
Cafe Fundraising
5%
This mouthpiece is in excellent condition.
The tip and rails, are all damage free.
The table is true, flat, and shows no blemishes.
The beak is totally bite free.
The discolouration is due to this being a vintage piece and hard rubber almost always ages this way with no ill effects on how it plays.

Comes in its original box with shabby but functional ligature, and cap.

Please have a look at the photos, below...

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.49.58.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.49.15.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.50.14.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.49.37.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.50.33.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.58.24.png

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.48.11.png

It was £48.30 when new. I'm asking... £48.30.

NB. May be advertised elsewhere and so withdrawn without notice.

The price ticket suggests early 90's so it's 30-ish years old within a 50 year run since the S80 was introduced. I reckoned that earned it the vintage title.

I may have read that the facing specs changed at some point in the last 30 years or so. I"m not sure about this.

I may have read that the facing specs changed at some point in the last 30 years or so. I"m not sure about this.
Yes, both the tip opening sizes and facings. I believe it was at the time they came up with the Concept, so circa 2013.

Here's a snippet from Kessler's:
"Selmer Paris changed all of their facing designs a few years ago. These changes were to both the tip opening and the facing length. The changes were done to “improve the acoustical response” according to Selmer Paris."

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom