• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Vintage King Alto - £100!

jonf

Here's another one. Yes, it is a genuine King vintage alto - it's a H N White Cleveland, to be precise. It has a few, err, issues.

• Pads are generally very tired, and there are a number of leaks. You might get away with replacing a few and regulating, but it could really do with a repad.
  • Has a fair sized dent in the bottom bow. Not enough to mess up the tuning, but it is bigger than a little ding....
  • Various corks and felts need replacing.
  • Lacquer is, how can I put it, authentically worn.

On the other hand, it is for real, and is complete. Has a nice new neck cork! Dunno who did that, it wasn't me. Nothing seized or broken, so another ideal candidate for a home repadding. I'd have done it, but I really don't have the time. Comes in a period case, which is built like a brick building of notoriety. Shipping at cost, I'd guess £16 due to the weight of the case, or free collection from central London with a possibility of delivery to South London or Surrey. 5% to the charity fund as usual.

P1020817.jpgP1020818.jpgP1020819.jpgP1020820.jpg

Jon

Is that the 613 model that you see regularly on eBay?

It's earlier than the normal 613 (with the 'clownface' keyguard). Just marked as 'Cleveland' as per the pics, with no reference to 613. If you're interested, I can check the serial number later today and let you know what the date of the sax is.

Jon

Hi Jon, no my apologies, not interested. Just intrigued as it didn't have the "clown guard". I have too many other outstanding projects at present. You have a great collection of saxophones though!

Here's another one. Yes, it is a genuine King vintage alto - it's a H N White Cleveland, to be precise. It has a few, err, issues.

• Pads are generally very tired, and there are a number of leaks. You might get away with replacing a few and regulating, but it could really do with a repad.
  • Has a fair sized dent in the bottom bow. Not enough to mess up the tuning, but it is bigger than a little ding....
  • Various corks and felts need replacing.
  • Lacquer is, how can I put it, authentically worn.

On the other hand, it is for real, and is complete. Has a nice new neck cork! Dunno who did that, it wasn't me. Nothing seized or broken, so another ideal candidate for a home repadding. I'd have done it, but I really don't have the time. Comes in a period case, which is built like a brick building of notoriety. Shipping at cost, I'd guess £16 due to the weight of the case, or free collection from central London with a possibility of delivery to South London or Surrey. 5% to the charity fund as usual.

View attachment 2583View attachment 2584View attachment 2585View attachment 2586

Jon

If it was a Super 20 alto I'd give you 100 quid for it...:)

Greg S.

Now sold and donation made. Thanks to the purchaser and to the Forum for the sales facility. So much more pleasing than using well known auction sites.

Back
Top Bottom