All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

SOLD Vintage King Alto - £100!

jonf

Here's another one. Yes, it is a genuine King vintage alto - it's a H N White Cleveland, to be precise. It has a few, err, issues.

• Pads are generally very tired, and there are a number of leaks. You might get away with replacing a few and regulating, but it could really do with a repad.
  • Has a fair sized dent in the bottom bow. Not enough to mess up the tuning, but it is bigger than a little ding....
  • Various corks and felts need replacing.
  • Lacquer is, how can I put it, authentically worn.

On the other hand, it is for real, and is complete. Has a nice new neck cork! Dunno who did that, it wasn't me. Nothing seized or broken, so another ideal candidate for a home repadding. I'd have done it, but I really don't have the time. Comes in a period case, which is built like a brick building of notoriety. Shipping at cost, I'd guess £16 due to the weight of the case, or free collection from central London with a possibility of delivery to South London or Surrey. 5% to the charity fund as usual.

P1020817.jpg P1020818.jpg P1020819.jpg P1020820.jpg

Jon

jonf

Is that the 613 model that you see regularly on eBay?

It's earlier than the normal 613 (with the 'clownface' keyguard). Just marked as 'Cleveland' as per the pics, with no reference to 613. If you're interested, I can check the serial number later today and let you know what the date of the sax is.

Jon

ProfJames

Elementary member
Hi Jon, no my apologies, not interested. Just intrigued as it didn't have the "clown guard". I have too many other outstanding projects at present. You have a great collection of saxophones though!

Greg Strange

Here's another one. Yes, it is a genuine King vintage alto - it's a H N White Cleveland, to be precise. It has a few, err, issues.

• Pads are generally very tired, and there are a number of leaks. You might get away with replacing a few and regulating, but it could really do with a repad.
  • Has a fair sized dent in the bottom bow. Not enough to mess up the tuning, but it is bigger than a little ding....
  • Various corks and felts need replacing.
  • Lacquer is, how can I put it, authentically worn.

On the other hand, it is for real, and is complete. Has a nice new neck cork! Dunno who did that, it wasn't me. Nothing seized or broken, so another ideal candidate for a home repadding. I'd have done it, but I really don't have the time. Comes in a period case, which is built like a brick building of notoriety. Shipping at cost, I'd guess £16 due to the weight of the case, or free collection from central London with a possibility of delivery to South London or Surrey. 5% to the charity fund as usual.

View attachment 2583 View attachment 2584 View attachment 2585 View attachment 2586

Jon

If it was a Super 20 alto I'd give you 100 quid for it...:)

Greg S.

jonf

Now sold and donation made. Thanks to the purchaser and to the Forum for the sales facility. So much more pleasing than using well known auction sites.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom