support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

vintage GOLD PLATED "York" alto sax (made by Buescher) circa 1930, £295 ovno

AndyWhiteford

Locality
Glasgow
Vintage GOLD PLATED "York" Eb alto sax , low (modern) pitch A=440 Hz
(made by Buescher a stencil of their 'Truetone' range) circa 1930, good playing order,
gold plate is perhaps 97 %+, a few small solder repair marks are visible, nothing major,
gold plate is not quite so good on the neck (see pics?) , one or two light ping marks on bell
+one slight dent under a palm-key-stop, but never any major damage ,
a very attractive looking & sounding saxophone
just had a light overhaul, now in good playing order, nice action, good tuning,
and sounding very "1940's film-noir" ;-)

sorry about the pic quality, there's no daylight up here til next Spring :-(
with original branded hard case which has a busted handle ..
i have TOO MUCH STUFF, so this has to go..

video or two coming in the next day or so, I hope.

asking £ 295.00 ovno

includes postage / courier to UK address [with 10% of sale price to Pete's good cause]

SAM_0069.jpg

SAM_0070.jpg

SAM_0074.jpg

That is an absolute bargain. I'd have it like a shot but for the fact that I already have a Truetone (and far too many other saxes...). Lovely sax.

That is an absolute bargain. I'd have it like a shot but for the fact that I already have a Truetone (and far too many other saxes...). Lovely sax.

Close to what I was thinking!

That is an absolute bargain. [snip] Lovely sax.

Thanks. here it is in action, in that beautiful old ballad "Loverman", or, as I play it, "Lover-HONK-man"....

mouthpiece here is a 1970s otto-link metal 6*.... i might have another track with a hardrubber Link by next week..

so..... anybody want to make me an offer ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, just loking again. Looks more Conn than Buescher to me. (C/Eb keys, LH Table). But without the Merc keyguard.

i had it sitting next to the Buescher C-melody, they were like twins, albeit one was a little bigger, but all the guards & keywork were "identical", if scaled slightly. So i'm guessing Buescher :)

ok price drop for a few days, then it goes on eBay on Wednesday
£250 + £15 tracked & signed for parcel to UK, a little dearer anywhere in Europe...

-A-

For info , here's the same sax ,different mouthpiece, here it's an old Otto link hard rubber "Resochamber" , 4 facing iirc.
I didnt put this up earlier because I was messing up the tune a bit, as you'll hear...

p.s. there's a little white paper padding on a thin neck cork....
-Andy-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom