PPT

Saxophones Vibratosax tenor assembly kit saxophone ?

Out of Time

formerly "sport"
Locality
Victoria B.C. Canada
A do it yourself tenor, Wow.
Did it get to market ? I have gone through the vibrato sax thread did I miss something?
has anyone built one?
where to purchase?
As a model builder in my youth these seem to be a great idea.
Enjoy building it, play it, mount on a wall!

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
there's nothing on the Vibratosax website, so I assume it never came to fruition

Well spoted! These guys aren't strong in PR and the web site shows more discontinued products than currently available ones.
Screenshot_20180323-134942.jpg

And the current one is not even really visible on the web site menu. See above.

If they are anywhere close to shipping that T1, they should have a pre-order mechanism in place. But there is no sign of it being ready for production on their website.

Anyone here tried any of the Alto versions?

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
Well spoted! These guys aren't strong in PR and the web site shows more discontinued products than currently available ones.
View attachment 10541
And the current one is not even really visible on the web site menu. See above.

If they are anywhere close to shipping that T1, they should have a pre-order mechanism in place. But there is no sign of it being ready for production on their website.

Anyone here tried any of the Alto versions?
I tried the alto about 2 years ago, very light in weight,it would have been fine if it had been £250-300 new but £599 was too much IMO,it felt a little like a toy and seemed like that if you pressed hard on the keys that they would break although it probably wouldn't have done just felt that way.
I wanted it to work for me due to have a back problem thought it might be good for practising, maybe the tenor might be a better option we'll see.

Alphorn

Locality
South of Munich
In the German universe somebody contacted the German distributor:

"Wir bekommen im April die ersten Instrumente als Kit. Der Preis wird so zwischen 650 und 700 Euro liegen.
Das fertige Instrument um die 900€. Sobald die Preise feststehen, finden Sie sie auf unserer Webseite."

So the kit is 700 € and fully assembled at 900 €. First shipment to arrive in April. Guess UK will follow similar timelines.

Here a screenshot from their homepage. Seems a soprano is in the making as well.

1521813614763.png

Alphorn

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
Alphorn beat me by 3 minutes - however I've added a link and a translation.

The German distributor's website bottom left on the product page:
produkte

Translation:
Still in the test phase. Some prototypes have already been built and made available to various testers. The instrument should come as a kit!

Price is expected to be between €650 and €700 with a finshed instrument at €900

Last edited:

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
I must say that I like the idea. It's obviously a technical challenge given the properties of plastic vs traditional metals used to make saxophones. But they address the issues in ways that are interesting and being a technically minded person, I'm really curious to see it, touch it, try it myself.

As for a soprano, I was tempted to say 'good luck with that!', but given the size of it, plastic may be more appropriate at that scale than at bigger appliances.

We'll see. If we live long enough... :eek:

I can't imagine they will ever go for a baritone. :doh:

Out of Time

formerly "sport"
Locality
Victoria B.C. Canada
If we live long enough.
It would be marvelous to build a tenor and have it play, (just like being a kid again building models eg. visible V8).
not real good with computers, but trying to get info or contact this company is not easy.

Latest: Members' Recordings