All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Veteran newbie

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©,Navarro.

May I withdraw that welcome? This guy is older than me but as he is playing alto, still gives me the seniority. >:) Bloody coffin dodgers.>:)

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

Welcome to Cafe Sax from 53 year old from Skabertawe. Alto, Soprano, Tenor, Trumpet, Cornet, Flugelhorn, Trombone.

llamedos

Welcome, young sir. We seem to be attracting the younger element - us oldies have got to get the practice time in before the Grim Reaper ( in the guise of ???????) comes a-knocking.

Seriously, though, many welcomes and enjoy.

Dave

BigMartin

Welcome. Rookie cafe member? Rookie sax player? Rookie musician? All of the above, or do you play chess and happen to like rooks? Tell us more.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe your worship! I didn't think you could get older than old git. Pete do we need to call out the trades description people?

Sunray

Hey Hey Navarro ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

You were about Ten when I was beamed down from the Planet Kridloventia, which is hidden deep in the twelfth dimension ...

Yep! I was beamed down to Earth on a Sunray ... ;}

I lived in London [South West] for many of my younger years, before upgrading to Norfolk ... :)))

Tell us more of your musical interests, we like to know everything there is to know ... :thumb:

Enjoy ...

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Welcome to the cafe, navarro. :thumb:

I hope you enjoy your sax playing.

You'll find many a useful comment here (along with the less useful, inane and totally irrelevant!) :)))

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Navarro

Welcome to the cafe as you've probably already gathered also known as the mad house,hope the horn blowing goes well,what are you using for a start sax....john

navarro

Hi Sunray Do you know Fritton lake in Norfolk ? I spent many happy weekends there while at university. Okay who I like predominately west coast Shorty Rogers when the line up consisted of the Condolis, Art Pepper and Jimmy Guiffre. Had the privilege of seeing them live in the fifties in Newcastle City Hall A Norman Granz promotion.
Today's musicians really liked Kenny Garrett but now find his solo work a little repetitive (But hell who am I to criticize ) Alex Han brilliant.
But my heroes Desmond, Pepper and Konitz. Seen Desmond when he toured with Brubeck and Konitz when he was in the Kenton band.
The venue was always the Newcastle City Hall and just after the UK musicians union lifted their ban on American Bands touring in the UK. The bands I have seen there are too numerous to list but include most of the greats, players and singers. Regds N.

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Navarro :D

It gives me great pleasure when a senior enlists on this great forum, as i see myself playing a tune or two when i'm at your grand age :) and that Mr Aubra Graves what an inspiration (i gotta get a tenor)

Sunray

Hi Sunray Do you know Fritton lake in Norfolk ? I spent many happy weekends there while at university. Okay who I like predominately west coast Shorty Rogers when the line up consisted of the Condolis, Art Pepper and Jimmy Guiffre. Had the privilege of seeing them live in the fifties in Newcastle City Hall A Norman Granz promotion.
Today's musicians really liked Kenny Garrett but now find his solo work a little repetitive (But hell who am I to criticize ) Alex Han brilliant.
But my heroes Desmond, Pepper and Konitz. Seen Desmond when he toured with Brubeck and Konitz when he was in the Kenton band.
The venue was always the Newcastle City Hall and just after the UK musicians union lifted their ban on American Bands touring in the UK. The bands I have seen there are too numerous to list but include most of the greats, players and singers. Regds N.
Hey Navarro ...

Yep! lovely place for Birdwatching ... [One of my many other hobbies] ...

Link Here

------------

Great Line up the mate, thanks for the info ...
:thumb:

allansto

Hey navarro
All i can say is fanbloodytastic
if youre 6 or 600 passion for sax has no barriers
Welcome to the caf from downunder
Allansto

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom