supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Exciting News! Very very very exciting news for 2019

QWales

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
I missed the announcement! :w00t:

We had a very very very nice company gathering around cheese, charcuterie and of course some wine!

After all this excitement, if I have coffee I'll burst*!

*Into tears. Too much emotion...

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
I must admit that I’m a bit disappointed.
I was hoping for a new brand of saxophones, with its own unique snake oil features to guarantee extra resonance.

Or maybe ligatures made from recycled bamboo, in a range of eco-colours.

Where are the GAS opportunities in coffee?:confused2:

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Where are the GAS opportunities in coffee?:confused2:
You absolutely MUST try dropping a few beans of these down the bell. Your bell notes will sound like never before! But beware of the low C tonehole. It could get beaned open if you're excessive.

nigeld

Subscriber
You absolutely MUST try dropping a few beans of these down the bell. Your bell notes will sound like never before! But beware of the low C tonehole. It could get beaned open if you're excessive.
Worth it, just to watch the faces of the other players as they realise that you are dribbling coffee beans every time you take a solo.

This also opens up a whole new world for scientific discussion:
Do Arabica beans give a more refined saxophone sound than Robusta?
Does extra roasting give a darker sound?

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Worth it, just to watch the faces of the other players as they realise that you are dribbling coffee beans every time you take a solo.

This also opens up a whole new world for scientific discussion:
Do Arabica beans give a more refined saxophone sound than Robusta?
Does extra roasting give a darker sound?
If you like a bright tone, try Starbuck's Blonde Roast.

Vetinari

I am allergic to fresh coffee, it affects my throat and sinuses, so much that when I visit family in the usa I have to take a supply of instant coffee to ensure that I get my morning dose of caffeine. Therefore, news this maybe, but not so exciting.
:oops:.

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
If you like a bright tone, try Starbuck's Blonde Roast.
According to the CafeSaxophone Coffee Beans marketing, you will get plenty of brightness, along with the darkness

250 grams of delicious Brazilian Arabica and Ugandan Robusta, a very delicate blend.
Chocolate and peanut notes on the higher harmonics.
Focussed yet spread. Dark, yet somehow bright.

nigeld

Subscriber
No, but I throng that could work well with peas or fish fingers.
I think Café Saxophone Fish Fingers might be over-extending the brand consistency somewhat.

If you want to do a service to the musical world, then a lightweight music stand that doesn't get itself into a mess every time it is folded or unfolded would be a real boon. The standard ones we all use are horrid!

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
No, but I throng that could work well with peas or fish fingers.
“Throng”? That sounds exciting! I don’t understand about the peas and fish fingers though.... Is Café de Sax merging with Captain Birdseye?

OP
Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
“Throng”? That sounds exciting! I don’t understand about the peas and fish fingers though.... Is Café de Sax merging with Captain Birdseye?
A while back, we did look into the idea of cafe saxophone underwear. Boxers, briefs and yes, thongs.

But we decided against it.

If you want to do a service to the musical world, then a lightweight music stand that doesn't get itself into a mess every time it is folded or unfolded would be a real boon. The standard ones we all use are horrid!
Great idea.

Top Bottom