All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones Very low start price Yanagisawa baritone

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
Yanagisawa show one like that on their site £15k plus.

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
I would want to be confident that it is a genuine Yanagisawa and not a fake.

Jimmymack

Locality
London
Well the seller has four positives after joining in 2001, what more could you want? The North is obviously North of Watford, that's fairly specific, no problem with that. Only 8 hours 54 mins to go at the time of posting and only reached £720 so somebody gets a bargain, or not.

The seller's last positive, this year was for a Railroad China-CBQ Burlington Route - Ak-Sar-Ben Pitcher - Rare & Highly Desired that sold for £16. Wonder what that is.

I suppose the one good thing about it is the number of the gullible has fallen.

Last edited:

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
Paypal only? Asked if will cash on collect.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Poor grammar and spelling.
Hacked account.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Reported to eBay to investigate, contact the REAL eBay member, warn the buyer.

No way do you buy a £13k baritone for £2,500 unless it's a fake, a scam, or you're me.

laceypaul

Locality
Hampshire, UK
Well, I'm the gullable one??!!... although I haven't paid yet. I am in communication with the seller and they have made an initial reply. I have requested photo's, where are they based, can I pay cash and collect it etc. I've also spoken to Ebay about my concerns.

Looking at the images in the listing, it would appear to be genuine. I do have some concerns though. The support legs of the bell key guards are shaped like the B901 (I have a genuine one to compare against) but looking at Yani photos they are different. Keyguard screws on Yani photo's are slotted, and on the one listed are crosshead (as are B901's). Legs have grey plastic boots, whereas Yani photo's show black. Ribs and pillar supports all seem as they should.

Rather than saying it must be a copy because of the price, does anyone have any photos of a known counterfeit B9930, or even a genuine one with the features I mention above.

I found this one sold by Quin the Eskimo (A reliable seller based in the States), and his photos compare well against this one.

Your thoughts please

Paul

MMM

Locality
SW of London Town
First of all, I do hope it's legit and you get a great bargain!
The photo in the ad looks like the real deal, problem is (for me at least) is it a stock photo (all the accessories still wrapped in plastic?) or is it a photo of the actual instrument for sale?
You have asked for more information, so I guess you should get some answers and then make your mind up.
Good luck!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Hi Paul, I've not seen a silver Yany bari, but there's plenty of their other models being faked: https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/se...=yanagisawa+silver+9930&catalog=#pusearch1812

Anyhow, more likely the sax doesn't exist at all and the photos are stock ones which have simply been downloaded. We had this a week or so with a YTS-25 for sale, the photos for which were the same as the ones used for a sax already bought by someone here.

If you say you will collect, the norm is for the seller to make any number of excuses why this isn't possible.
My advice DON'T pay via PayPal - you may eventually get your money back but it'll take a while.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Well, I'm the gullable one??!!... although I haven't paid yet. I am in communication with the seller and they have made an initial reply. I have requested photo's, where are they based, can I pay cash and collect it etc. I've also spoken to Ebay about my concerns.

Looking at the images in the listing, it would appear to be genuine. I do have some concerns though. The support legs of the bell key guards are shaped like the B901 (I have a genuine one to compare against) but looking at Yani photos they are different. Keyguard screws on Yani photo's are slotted, and on the one listed are crosshead (as are B901's). Legs have grey plastic boots, whereas Yani photo's show black. Ribs and pillar supports all seem as they should.

Rather than saying it must be a copy because of the price, does anyone have any photos of a known counterfeit B9930, or even a genuine one with the features I mention above.

I found this one sold by Quin the Eskimo (A reliable seller based in the States), and his photos compare well against this one.

Your thoughts please

Paul

As others have said, the advert looks very suspicious.

When you request photographs you could ask for specific things to be in shot to give you confidence that the instrument actually exists (not just stock pictures from the web) and is in the seller's position now. So maybe ask for close-ups of the serial number, the neck assembled to the body, the floor peg assembled and a current UK newspaper in the shot.

Also be very, very careful when paying to make sure you are protected if nothing is delivered or it is completely different to what was described and shown in the advert.

Good luck.

Rhys

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
You could pay and receive a fake Yani or even a box of bricks. Tricky arguing with PayPal then.

Conversely, when selling a high value item the buyer tells eBay/PayPal the item is a fake and sends you back a faked version of what you sold to get their money back - that one is a known scam for Chanel handbags.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom