All profit supporting   special needs music

Very flat bottom C, B and Bb on a curved soprano

LostCircuits

LostCircuits

Locality
Black Forest
Yes rammed on a tiny amount further meant more of a battle at the top which is now sharper but less of a battle at the bottom which is now less extreme in flatness.

I don’t know why the fraction of a push further right to metal on plastic, mouthpiece on pip seemed to strangle things. It’s hard to explain what precisely was wrong but it was definitely beyond what seems the new sweet (or at least not so sour) spot. To go on any further would require cutting something.

Thanks again
It does sound like your MPC just won't work well with your sop. And that's very often true and is not indicative of the "quality of either one", rather a compatibility issue. If your MPC works with the other sops, then by all means, use it with those but look for a different one for the curved. I'd be happy to send you one but shipping to the UK for trial is cost prohibitive. Look for a "large chamber" piece is about the best advice I can give you. After you have exhausted your practice regimen.

E

EdJ

Locality
UK
Thanks I may come back to that but after previous quests and recent sale of nearly all alternatives I am inclined to soldier on with my favoured Selmer C* now I seem to have hit a positional good spot

Colin the Bear

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I had to remove a couple of mm from the neck of my curvy sop, to get my mouthpiece on far enough. Alto too. :eek: