• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Vandoren V16 T95 metal tenor mouthpiece with Optimum Ligature

davidk

Paints With Notes
This is my most reluctant sale. It is for an excellent Vandoren V16 T95 metal tenor mouthpiece. This mouthpiece has given a solid, dark yet gutsy sound on my King Super 20 and Selmer Mark VI tenors. It took me through my grade 8 and diploma exams. It is a well finished, top quality gold plated metal mouthpiece.

Vandoren are now selling these with three chamber options. This one has the original, large chamber option. It is a T95 tip opening, which is the equivalent of an Otto Link 9*. It works beautifully with filed Java (red box) reeds (strength 2.5), or with Légère Signature Series reeds.

It comes with a gold plated Optimum ligature and cap. I bought the two at the same time and it seems a shame to split them up. The ligature is a perfect fit for the mouthpiece.

£175 for the mouthpiece and ligature including UK postage, 5% donation to the forum. Payment accepted by bank transfer or PayPal.

Thanks for looking

- David

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the extra info. Yes, mine is a small chamber according to Vandoren's latest catalogue.

It is exactly like the one I used between 1995 and 2000! A wonderful piece.
I will resist.

Hi, I'm interested in this. Can you tell me how you found it responded in the altissimo range?

Hi

This mouthpiece will respond well in altissimo. The open tip gives some more scope regarding tuning. Then, Sigard Rascher played altissimo on a closed alto mouthpiece. With a well set up saxophone and lots of overtone practice this mouthpiece will take you well into the altissimo. I could get it up to written high E. It is a well finished mouthpiece that won't hold you back.

Best regards

David

Hi

Yes, this is still for sale at £150.If anyone is interested please start a personal conversation with me.

Many thanks

David

Hi - yes. This fantastic top quality mouthpiece is still for sale at the bargain price of £150, including its original box and the excellent Optimum ligature with all its plates.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom