support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Vandoren mouthpieces for sop, alto, tenor and bass clarinet

baritonesax

Locality
Twickenham
Hi,

Just rationalising my collection:

1. Vandoren V16 S7 for soprano. Almost as new. £45

2. Vandoren V16 A7 S alto. As new. £55

3. Vandoren V16 T95 metal tenor. Good condition. but some teethmarks on bite plate. £150

4. Vandoren B46 for bass clarinet. As new. £70.

Recorded postage free in UK.

Please PM me if any of these are of interest.

Thanks,

William

Funny how "rationing one's mouthpiece collection" translates as "selling Vandoren's" - I have sold 3 of the 5 I bought. They are pretty good mouthpieces to be fair, but have all been succeeded in time by other pieces. Still loving my V16 soprano, though......

Kind regards
Tom

I wanted to add that it does come down to personal taste on my part. With my V16 Alto mpc I have gone for a less mellow sound, and with my Java Tenor I have gone for a slightly more vintage/less contemporary sound - but am now veering back in that direction........

Nothing wrong with Vandoren's but they are a popular mouthpiece and all of us change and refine our sound over time.

That's just the problem with trading mouthpieces - it's easy to get seller's remorse, and it may take months to set in!

I still own and play a metal V16 T95 (i have two) and I decided two years ago that I would never change mouthpiece again. It's the best tenor mouthpiece I've found. I've played and owned many wonderful tenor mouthpieces - including the LAW Buzzer, Guardala, DV, DVNY, Link, Lebayle - but the V16 has what I want - big sound, a decent amount of bite - and I can play it in tune! I particularly loved the Buzzer and would have stayed with it, but for the fact that I could not stop the top register from going very sharp. That's my problem with all high baffle moutpieces - as it turns out.

I like their V16 pieces and their clarinet mouthpieces. Used to have a Jumbo Java for tenor but it was just too much.

Funny how "rationing one's mouthpiece collection" translates as "selling Vandoren's" - I have sold 3 of the 5 I bought. They are pretty good mouthpieces to be fair, but have all been succeeded in time by other pieces. Still loving my V16 soprano, though......
Can't really fault Vandorens- I reckon a lot of it is down to the fact they're mostly a bit of a 'blank canvas' sort of mouthpiece (which, in a lot of ways, is a good thing- though means they don't really have a lot of charcter/ wow factor that they immediately bring to your horn). I'm excluding Jumbo Javas- which are certianly have cojones to spare...... and, like you, I love V16s for their versatility- especially on my soprano.

Back
Top Bottom