Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Reeds Vandoren Java (reed) equivalent

koumou

According to the info on The Alexander reeds site, the yellow tin Superials are similar sound wise to the Javas.

Does anyone know which Rico reed is the Java equivalent?

Thank You

rhysonsax

I'd say Rico Jazz Select for sure. The Java is an unfiled reed, so possibly the RJS Unfiled would be best. In my experience the RJS have got a bit more body to the their sound than Javas, but I have had some terrible boxes of RJS recently and have gone back to Java now.

But Vandoren are bringing out a Java with filed cut that I am really interested in. Apparently it's in a red box and out next month.

Rhys

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
koumou

koumou

I suspected that the RJS was the one. With the oncoming introduction of the filed Java, Vandoren will also have the equivalent in two "flavors".

I am trying to find the reed that will make my Tone Edge 7 a little more lively.

rhysonsax

I am trying to find the reed that will make my Tone Edge 7 a little more lively.
I don't know what you play at the moment, but Rico Plasticover can always brighten things up. A good one is nice and lively, surprisingly flexible in sound and they can last a long time.

Rhys

Saxholder Pro
Help!

Top Bottom