All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Vaclav Havel

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Vaclav Havel R.I.P- a truly wise man

Last edited:

jonf

Double tragedy, though. Not only did he die, but he gets knocked off the front page by the death of Kim Jong Il.......

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Kev,
How about Pol Pot or Hitler? OK if I sing the praises? >:)

Sorry but we must know. :) Now you can see why I am not a moderator.
Jon's comment raises the issue that a great peacemaker and statesman's death was pushed out by the death of a despot..... But this is not on.

Perhaps I should have said Tributes to Vaclav Havel only...

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Shows what a good moderator we have in Kev.

Been having a battle with politicians since June 2010, hopefully soon to be resolved in the Appeal Court. The problem is I'm beginning to think like them.>:)

jeremyjuicewah

Lived in Prague during the last years of Havel´s presidency with the wonderful Prime Minister Zeman, who did not care at all what he said to the press or anyonbody else. Havel was immensly well respected and a very popular man whose commitment to his country, people and personal values and priniciples make most political figures look tiny. Life in that neck of the woods not my cuppa but there is stacks to admire in the best of Havel´s generation. Its probably all down hill from here.

jonf

I was actually making - maybe a bit obliquely - a serious point. It's a tragedy that our media will play down the sad death of a respected, amusing man who genuinely worked hard for the better of his country because of the coincident demise of one of the West's few remaining bogeymen.

Of the list of quotes Jules linked to, I particularly liked the one ranked number 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
"PE" yesterday pointed out that just before its publishing deadline, 24 pieces in the national press about Havel and 35 about Chris Hetchins.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom