support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Unknown Sax

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
Has anyone ever heard of an alto sax, supposedly manufactured in the 1940’s with the name Perfect First Class engraved on the body and a serial number of 905 BB.
Silver plated.
Only photo from ad at present,

Attachments

• 1538587584763.png
    1538587584763.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 298

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
No, but I wouldn't buy it, the G# key is missing.

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
No, but I wouldn't buy it, the G# key is missing.

Well spotted!

Has anyone ever heard of an alto sax, supposedly manufactured in the 1940’s with the name Perfect First Class engraved on the body and a serial number of 905 BB.
Silver plated.
Only photo from ad at present,

May I ask what's the appeal?

Great price? If the G# key is missing, that could explain...

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
Well spotted!

May I ask what's the appeal?

Great price? If the G# key is missing, that could explain...

Just looking for a cheap project sax to have a go at restoring.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
The background in the photo could tell a story... crockery, toasting fork, coal skuttle with polished brass handle and the intriguing brass flower ornament...looks like a museum diorama

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
The background in the photo could tell a story... crockery, toasting fork, coal skuttle with polished brass handle and the intriguing brass flower ornament...looks like a museum diorama

Basically a junk sorry antique and collectibles shop.

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
Oh, I get that!

See here.

Funnily enough I have a vintage Dolnet alto circa 1948. Not in need of refurb though,
Beautiful horn,
Would like an old Pan Am or something similar. Pref tenor but not come across anything like yet but no rush.

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
Locality
New Mexico, US
Bellbrace suggests it is German, late 20's-early'30's maybe. Seems like she might have RTH's. Too bad about the G# touch.

(Mine ol' eyes aint what they used to be....is the entire G# key gone ? Or just the touchpiece of it ?)

Royston...given you are o that side of pond...why not just try to find an old stencil or the likes of a Malerne, Santoni (both made Evette Schaeffers), Rampone, Borgani, Orsi or the like ? Aren't those easier to find there than an old american second shelfer ?

Last edited:

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
Bellbrace suggests it is German, late 20's-early'30's maybe. Seems like she might have RTH's. Too bad about the G# touch.

(Mine ol' eyes aint what they used to be....is the entire G# key gone ? Or just the touchpiece of it ?)

Royston...given you are o that side of pond...why not just try to find an old stencil or the likes of a Malerne, Santoni (both made Evette Schaeffers), Rampone, Borgani, Orsi or the like ? Aren't those easier to find there than an old american second shelfer ?

Unfortunately nothing about at present.
Seems to be in reverse. All seem to be your side of the pond.
As I say, there’s no rush so just keep an eye out.

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
What kind of sax are you looking for? Very old, rare, odd, .... or something more modern (post WWII)?

Royston

Café Supporter
Locality
Wirral, United Kingdom
What kind of sax are you looking for? Very old, rare, odd, .... or something more modern (post WWII)?

Hi
The answer is probably “not sure”
Preferably tenor, known mnf and pre WWII but open to others.
Looking for a project to strip, rebuild and probably repad.

Top Bottom