support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Unbranded C melody sax mouthpiece?

DoNothin

I recently got a C melody sax mouthpiece, but I have no idea what it is. I've seen a few like it, seemingly unbranded with the only thing distinguishing it being an eagle on the body.

VcVXgdu.jpg

I put the picture of the mouthpiece in a spoiler because it's pretty big and I'm not good with editing images. Sorry about the quality of the image as well, I couldn't really get the camera to focus right and this was the only way I could get a somewhat decent picture where you can see the eagle. The words on the sides say "Trade" and "Mark." If someone could tell me anything about this mouthpiece I'd be super grateful for your help. Thanks in advance!

Yes, looks the same as my Conn Eagle mouthpiece that came with my recently aquired Conn C-Melody. Came with what appeared to be original ligature, and any previous engraving under the ligature worn away (along with most of the Eagle - yours in better condition!) Am guessing these were the standard bundled mouthpieces with C-Melodys in the 20s?

I agree with Pete.

Here is a picture of mine. A bit out of focus, but you can see the Name CONN just above the eagle.
Mine also has USA stamped just underneath the eagle.
But I dont think yours has room for that, so probably wasn’t stamped on that version.

Mine doesnt have the metal bit on the shank, but not sure if that dates it or not.

962B657F-1492-4498-BAFE-93D887E2250D.jpeg

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom