Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Accessories Ultrabreathe - the Breath Building Tool for Musicians

jadoube

Any good? Worth the £16.48 plus postage?
(quotes fixed by admin see here re quotes)

I bought one. Yes it helps, if (and i suspect only if) you've some problems/weakness need sorting.

Don't use it any more. Used it in the car on the commute. You get some funny looks from other drivers thinking "that's a huge ciragette in that guy's mouth"

Last edited by a moderator:

Rogerb

There are basically two sorts...the better ones resist both breathing in and out, thereby developing both sets of muscles.
I haven't tried 'em.
They are s'posed to be good for asthmatics.
Prices vary quite a lot.

Rogerb

I don't see what's 'awful' about it, any more than any other 'exercise device'?

They simply restrict(to an adjustable degree) the airflow through your mouth so you have to blow/suck a bit harder, thereby exercising the muscles, etc, involved in the breathing process.
It's no worse to use than blowing up a balloon...not at all like emphysema (I assume that was a joke?) which must be a very frightening and unpleasant condition, because you cannot simply 'turn it off'.

BTW, I am not an agent for these devices :D
I just think they probably have some merit ...like a Bullworker, Swiss Ball or exercise bands.

jadoube

Quite correct. Just like a mouthpice - you stick the thing in your mouth and so have the same concern (or lack thereof) regarding cleaning the thing.

If anyone wishes to experiment chuck a donation to Pete's charities, and I'll post you mine (suitably sterilised as one would with a m'piece.)

John

Moz

Yes, it was a joke. A little whimsy in this dour country of ours where if I tell the joke...

Why do elephants have big ears? Because Noddy wouldn't pay the ransom.

...offends people with big ears, elephants with small ears and people with Parkinsons!

So, if one thinks sticking a large phallic device in ones mouth to see if one can still breathe is fun, knock yourself out. I still think it's an awful-looking device. >:)

Moz

They simply restrict(to an adjustable degree) the airflow through your mouth so you have to blow/suck a bit harder, thereby exercising the muscles, etc, involved in the breathing process.
It's no worse to use than blowing up a balloon...not at all like emphysema (I assume that was a joke?) which must be a very frightening and unpleasant condition, because you cannot simply 'turn it off'.

BTW, I am not an agent for these devices :D
I just think they probably have some merit ...like a Bullworker, Swiss Ball or exercise bands.

Rogerb

So what's a sax?...just a VERY large, knobbly phallic device :)

It's not that we lack a SOH, I think, simply that humour, especially of the ironic variety, loses much in being written rather than spoken ! (Using emoticons can help a lot)

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom