support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Ultimate sax harness

Hi Mike
I've just switched to the BG Sax Harness, this is really great but only £31.99 from sax.co.uk.
It's probably worth you taking a look!
Cheers, Craig
I use the same, when I am in pain: it helps keeping the neck free.
The saxholder some other times (at home, practising standing up)
Cebulla when my neck feels better and the gig is not too long.

BG looks fine, I have a Neotech which is similar and good, but its a so and so to get on and off and I double with slide guitar, ordinary guitar and solo vocals, and dont want the great bra like thing wrapping me up all night. The BG with braces is a great idea, good price, but its hot here and for ten months of the year I am in beachwear and so no waistband and so no belt. I will have another look at my Neotech which I bought for bari, its comfortable alright, but problem as above. But. I think the Vandoren is the nearest to the answer I am looking for so far.

I tried that Neotech again last night. I can get in and out of it ok, but putting a bit of weight on it I am not sure how good it really is in preventing injury. The big problem with these harnesses is the nasty cheap, lightweight webbing/strapping that they use. You pick the thing up and you are presented with streamers of tape all swinging about, tangling and pointing straight down. It twists when you clip it up, twists in the adjusters so that they dont work well and generally drives me mad. My dog´s harnesses are far better made, not far from the same idea and half the price. When not in use the substantial straps dont flop down, they retain some shape making them easy to fit. They are well padded where they need to be, have good, usable and easy to manage clips and all for 20 euros which is pretty blinking dear for a dog harness. Shame on these companies that churn out these cheapo slings for top money.

Rooby Roo

Mike Hall uses one of the Vandorens. I had a chat to him about it following a gig he did locally. He seemed really happy with it and whilst acknowledging it has a hefty price tag, it was worth it for the lack of pain.

I have used one of the BG harnesses for a few years, and have found that its great for the alto but its a bit restrictive for the tenor. I use a simple neotech strap on the tenor, without too much pain but the alto on the neotech knackers my neck. I'm still puzzled by that one...

Paul

I use Neotech on the alto, no twising, no pain, no problems. Prob has always been tenor, and bari I guess though I dont play it much. Maybe would if it were hanging off a better sling.

I will probably order the Vandoren today. Most sax hanging time is in practice, if its two hours practice its two hours wearing the sax. I have about 16 tenor numbers and 5 alto numbers in our next gig in two one hour sets. Its plenty of off time and probably wont be a problem.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom