support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Miscellaneous Uillean Pipes

musicalchemist

Locality
Kentucky
Wow, this thread really took off out of nowhere. I wasn't familiar with Northumbrian pipes before until now. I also have a keen interest in the tin whistle, I'd really love to get my hands on a good quality one.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
... I also have a keen interest in the tin whistle, I'd really love to get my hands on a good quality one.

I think most of the fun of tin whistles is that you don't need to spend a fortune to get a good one. The imperfections are part of the character.

Generation are good, but test play a few before buying. I like the Clarkes as well, but they take a lot more air. Just ned to learn to play mine properly.

basscoach

Locality
Dorset, UK
I'm a double bass player and I've played in a trio of Uillean pipes, drums and bass. Kind of "experimental free form jazz" just the sort of thing to lead the troops into battle!

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Marching with a double bass can be challenging.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Locality
brighton by the sea
I'm a double bass player and I've played in a trio of Uillean pipes, drums and bass. Kind of "experimental free form jazz" just the sort of thing to lead the troops into battle!
I'm intrigued- have you got any recordings?

basscoach

Locality
Dorset, UK
I'm intrigued- have you got any recordings?

No sound clips, but here's a pic from the session.
the drummer is a young tutor from Yeovil called Ben Cornish (great player), the pipes played by Dom from Somerset who makes them, and the electric bass player is Ian Sprog who jumped on bass whilst I took some pics. My double basses are in the foreground and behind the amp.
DSCF7130.jpg

John

Top Bottom