support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

TV Licence and other things.

old git

Tremendous Bore
I am not worried, having achieved the age of free television receiving licence but is that TV in the heading to this page properly licensed? If not, who should go to jail? I vote for Kev as that nice Mr. Thomas is a gentleman, Kev is not and we wouldn't miss him, would we?

Some know all will post that it does not have an attached digital box, so cannot receive and convert signals. Will someone draw one in please.

A piece on heckling on "Today" this morning. Woman shouts, "Why don't you play All the things you are?" Jazz group leader, "Madam, if we played all the things YOU are, we'd be here all night."

I was under the impression that's what we pay you for, the CaSLM! What kind of protection racket are you providing if you can't deal with a little thing like that... what is the world coming to, don't tell me you are going legit! With your reputation!

I could certainly get Kev off the hook on that one. CaSLM conditions are cash up front though. None of your no win no fee lark. We've got a livin' to make, Guv.

Lester Young, on being invited to an interview with a journalist (something he generally didn't like doing): Madam, I didn't know there two 10 O'clock's in the day until I received your invitation.

Time to send a few Panzers round to deal with the CaSLM HQ in Tower Hamlets. The boss will be taken through traitors gate to a specially reconvened Star Chamber and from there direct to execution hill. The axe awaits.....

Time to send a few Panzers round to deal with the CaSLM HQ in Tower Hamlets. The boss will be taken through traitors gate to a specially reconvened Star Chamber and from there direct to execution hill. The axe awaits.....

Not only does he need to go to gaol for TV licence evasion but the education department might help him in his Geography and History 11 plus (about six times) exam.

Since when does Tenorviol need a licence ?? caution he is a member of MaSLM >:)

671.gif

Old Git Interesting that you should bring up the topic of licensing. Several years ago before I had reached the age of the freebie I had a visitation from a very nice man who produced a card stating that he was from the licensing authorities. I asked him where he had got the information from that I did not have a television license. He then said that a routine signal check had been followed through and I was shown to be un-licensed.

I then produced a receipt from the apartment block managers office stating that they had a communal license and indeed I had paid. The gentleman still insisted that this was not proof that I had a license. I asked him what proof do I need? he said, a copy of the original license. I said okay let us go to the office and ask the porter if he had access to the managers office, as it was after 5.30. The rat then stated `No we will have to confiscate your set and we will give you a receipt for it you will get the set back from us on production of the license.` Of course it was a scam very cleverly thought out and with genuine looking paperwork which would fool a lot of people.

I asked him to give me a telephone number as I was not prepared to hand over my set. He realized I had sussed him and left quite quietly. Ever the conman muttering you know you will have to pay a penalty.

I alerted the authorities who asked me to come into the station and give a description etc.

A few months later I was advised that they had caught the guy and my man in Scotland Yard informed me the perpetrator had been sentenced to community service for his misdemeanors. Regds Elementary my dear Watson. N

Last edited by a moderator:
A well-spotted scam, N. It's worth remembering that TV Licensing have no power of seizure of even an unlicensed set. There is no power of entry without a search warrant. There is also no "penalty" - the only enforcement option is prosecution. These days a "signal check" is not viable when almost everyone has at least one TV. Years ago it was easier to pinpoint TV local oscillator emissions when not every house had a set. All points to watch for if one gets a suspected bogus visit. These days with other reception platforms for virtually simultaneous reception, looking for local oscillator emissions is pointless anyway. That's why TV licensing go by addresses that have no licence registered rather than anything else.

oh... and Kev, you should know that the weakest point on a Tiger tank is at the rear. We can get OG to sneak up on the motorised Zimmer and plant a sticky bomb before you knew it. I'm still working on how quickly he could get away.

I remember starting Lister diesel borehole pumps.... Decompressor, fuel on, crank as hard as you can and get someone to switch the decompressor off slowly as you kept on cranking. Hard work - and worse on your own as you needed to take a hand off as you switched the decompressor. The drag from the pump on the other end of the shaft mode things a lot worse.

Can you imagine the fate of a driver who stalled a tiger in the middle of a battle....

Back
Top Bottom