All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Trying to regain my mojo

Moz

I've kinda lost it over the last few months. Didn't want to play, listen or compose so I've tried a quick fix and I hit it head on and wrote, played, recorded and uploaded this in the space of one hour just to see if I could. It has problems and errors (especially the last piano note) but down and dirty, here it is:

A Cold Day in Winter

http://snd.sc/xIT33h

trimmy

One day i will...
I liked that :D that's very good for an hours work :thumb: like the playing from 43secs onwards, nice :D

llamedos

The mojo wasn't lost after all - it must have been hiding from you for a laugh. Anyway, it certainly sounds like it's back.

Congratulations - I enjoyed it.

Dave

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
I liked it too. Looking out the window, seeing the snowy cold winter landscape outside and listening to your music was just perfect. :clapping:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Very very moody. I listened to it quite a few times. Is that you playing the piano too? If it is your one lucky man, I wish I could play but Iv'e got no coordination what so ever.
The sax on this piece is great. You've got a really, really nice tone and your timing sounds spot on. I'd also say that your recording technique is about on the money too. All in all, a good composition well executed!

I'd say that the mojo never left, it just got hidden for a while and hopefully, you've dusted it off and sat it back where it belongs again!

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
:clapping:Hey Moz, sounds really good, nice tone, timing, phrasing etc...Don't think you lost your mojo, more like it was just waiting for you...:welldone

Chris

Moz

Is that you playing the piano too? If it is your one lucky man, I wish I could play but Iv'e got no coordination what so ever.
Really, you are all most kind, thank you very much for all your comments.

Yes, it is my piano-playing. I can't really play very well so use a lot of the same minor chords (don't know what they are called even). I have enough trouble reading the one-note-at-a-time sax music without adding another stave and a shed-load of extra notes. I like to play around by ear and find nice chords (whatever they happen to be called) then base my sax-playing round what results. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

Cheers again

Martin

Clivey

I`ve been lurking about your sites for quite a while now and I believe this is about the best thing you have done to date.
Your lengthier works may be more complex but this one has pathos and for me conveys a resolution of pain but not hopelessness.

I know that may sound a bit drippy, but I truly believe that some of us must experience melancholy in order to create and carry this expression to the outside world in the form of our musical issue.

r.e Your Sax playing and production. I would say that all the time you spent with your old band has not been wasted as I hear a far greater maturity in this track. Very well done:stoat:

Ps the little sweetie collie video is our Fav

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Nice composition that's well played. Has continuity and feeling. Great to hear music that's not "standards" but original and from the heart.

Moz

I`ve been lurking about your sites for quite a while now and I believe this is about the best thing you have done to date.
Your lengthier works may be more complex but this one has pathos and for me conveys a resolution of pain but not hopelessness.

I know that may sound a bit drippy, but I truly believe that some of us must experience melancholy in order to create and carry this expression to the outside world in the form of our musical issue.

r.e Your Sax playing and production. I would say that all the time you spent with your old band has not been wasted as I hear a far greater maturity in this track. Very well done:stoat:

Ps the little sweetie collie video is our Fav
Thank you for that. 'Tis true that one can do ones best when a bit p%^&ed off with life and sax playing -- spurs me on (as much as a lifelong pessimist can be spurred on). The collie is sweet though!:thumb:

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom