All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Trying out my new Alto and new mp....

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Just got a nice new Stephanhouser SAS 1500 alto and also a new Rico Metalite mp a couple of days back.Heres a quick sound bite of them together.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesaxman71

sweet but how open is the mouthpiece, sounds pretty small, i know these pieces, had 1 for my sop, you are getting the range but it feels a little closed, slightly more of an opening and it will be great set up

daveysaxboy

sweet but how open is the mouthpiece, sounds pretty small, i know these pieces, had 1 for my sop, you are getting the range but it feels a little closed, slightly more of an opening and it will be great set up

M7= 95.Thats a wide alto tip.I cant use small pieces.I also now use the M7 metalite on soprano.What speakers are you using to play it back on.I find this combo to sound very big and fat.Try using some earphones.

thesaxman71

M7= 95.Thats a wide alto tip.I cant use small pieces.I also now use the M7 metalite on soprano.What speakers are you using to play it back on.I find this combo to sound very big and fat.Try using some earphones.

im using some AKG headphones, for recording etc, i had the m7 for sop and tried it for alto but felt it was too small for, i can hear the range but maybe i just need to wash out my lugs ;}

daveysaxboy

im using some AKG headphones, for recording etc, i had the m7 for sop and tried it for alto but felt it was too small for, i can hear the range but maybe i just need to wash out my lugs ;}

1 mans small is 1 mans large,ha ha.

thesaxman71

still sounds sweet tho, in keeping with the original melody, tone comments are just about personal preferences, if we all like the same it would be too easy, but still sounding sweet mister!

daveysaxboy

Read varying reports on Stepanhausers. What is your take on them?

I had 1 last year also.Mine is there top 1500 PRO MODEL.Its very nice.Ergonomics are sweet.Great big brass finger buttons instead of pearls.Talk about a solid sax,its a tank.No screws,they use a pinless system.Very light action.It has a 1 piece bow section also.The bottom end is huge on these altos.Great free blowing horn.They have 5 new patened designs on there top models.This alto got a great review in Jazztimes when they 1st came out.No longer made now though.They feel and look different which i like.Every sax gets varying reports.We all like different things in the end.Some people like say the Selmer REF 54,i dont 1 bit.Keeps things fresh for us all in the end i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom