support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

True/spandau ballet

Caz

Locality
home
still working on mixing, Eq'ing and several plugins. Not there yet, but getting closer (also working on my playing)

DeadAudiolink Removed

Sounds great Caz.
Better without too many effects.
cheers, Mark.
Geez now I'll have to have a go at this one myself.

• Thanks | Helpful
Reactions: Caz
View: https://youtu.be/y6B54n3OvFU

Removed the reverb and delay, which i think worked nicely.

Yes better without the effects, although maybe a little bit (much much much less than the first mix) would be perfect.

Nice tone. Its a gorgeous song. Are you reading the dots while playing? I feel like it might benefit from listening to the original to get the rhythm of the lyrical melody as originally sung, here and there, rather than strictly playing the dots. Just my personal view - always difficult when people know one original version so well, so hope you didn't mind me suggesting that.

• Agree
Reactions: Caz
Yes better without the effects, although maybe a little bit (much much much less than the first mix) would be perfect.

Nice tone. Its a gorgeous song. Are you reading the dots while playing? I feel like it might benefit from listening to the original to get the rhythm of the lyrical melody as originally sung, here and there, rather than strictly playing the dots. Just my personal view - always difficult when people know one original version so well, so hope you didn't mind me suggesting that.

No, not at all

Yes i’m Reading the dots of a youtube transcribtion - by a russian guy. he does some ok transcribtions as well as some rather Janky ones. I Thought it seemed ok, and didn’t really cross-check with the original one.

But being rythmically strong has always been a weak spot for me

Ideally - i should’t be reading dots at all but play by ear. Sadly i can, and i’m lazy