support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Fingering for trill on note A

SopranoSimon

Account Closed
Locality
Darlington
Hi i need an answer to this, ive seen the word TR meaning trill above some notes in my sheet music, for example A with a tr is is a and b played very quickly one after the other and if so which side key do you use to trill it?

Hi i need an answer to this, ive seen the word TR meaning trill above some notes in my sheet music, for example A with a tr is is a and b played very quickly one after the other and if so which side key do you use to trill it?
its one of the keys in the section where the b flat key is, one of those 3 dnt no which 1?

A/B trill must be done alternating xxo|ooo and xoo|ooo
no side key can help on this one.

There are trill charts around, but luckily I seldom have to do extreme trills.

Rh side keys. Bottom one lifts A to Bb. Middle one lifts B to C. Top one is used in conjunction with palm keys to play E3

Hi i need an answer to this

= Please can somebody answer this?

its one of the keys in the section where the b flat key is, one of those 3 dnt no which 1?

Bb_side.png
You haven't been very clear, and so have got two different but correct answers

A to B trill means just alternating between standard A fingering and standard B fingering (see Aldevis's reply)

But if it is an A to Bb trill, then as Colin says you finger A and use the Bb side key, which is the bottom one of the cluster of three keys, see image on right

Whether to trill from A up to Bb or B natural depends upon the key signature of the song. If there is a Bb in the key signature, then you trill to Bb using the bottom side key. If there is no Bb in the key signature, then you trill to B natural using the 2nd finger of the left hand.

If the composer wants you to trill to a note not in the key signature it will read tr b, or tr # or maybe tr♮.

So when is say "tr# in the charts it's trrill. And when you a're doing a tremolo? I never thought of this before.

I was taught that a trill is an alternation of a note and the note above, F to F#, G to G#.

Tremolo is the rapid repetition of one note, or a rapid alternation between two or more notes., an imitation (not to be confused with a trill). Can "ghosting" be a tremolo? Or alternative fingerings?

Tremolo is the rapid repetition of one note, or a rapid alternation between two or more notes., an imitation (not to be confused with a trill). Can "ghosting" be a tremolo? Or alternative fingerings?

It has a different meaning depending on the instrument. On a mandolin, a tremolo is rapidly alternating one note, but on many other instruments, it means alternating notes of a different pitch. Different to a trill in that a trill is always the note and the note above (either semitone or tone, but always just one step)

Sorry folks, I decided to delete all the off topic posts. Normally we don't mind them but this is an information thread in the beginners' section. Nothing was against the rules, just a decision to keep this one information only. Posts were deleted indisriminately, including those by staff.

Often the musical meaning trascends the original semantics. "Tremolo" means "trembling". On piano you use an interval, on mandolin the same note.

I wonder how is a B/D "trill" called.

Sorry folks, I decided to delete all the off topic posts. Normally we don't mind them but this is an information thread in the beginners' section. Nothing was against the rules, just a decision to keep this one information only. Posts were deleted indisriminately, including those by staff.
Reading this post my innuendo and frivolity impulses were ramping up from 'dormant' to 'Franky Howard' so good thing you posted the warning