support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Tribute to Gerry Raffety

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
I don't play my alto enough and I can't work out the reverb on Audacity (Oh yeah and I didn't sound great either :w00t:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to me that was pretty damned good, very enjoyable thanks for posting, and now off to the sax and music books...(you've guessed it) got to have a go...john

It's one I was given I think. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

It's one I was given I think. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

Done, thanks.

I reckon it's thanks to Baker Street and one or two other tunes (Pink Panther, anyone?) that so many people want to take up the sax and that's why we can get them (ie saxophones) at such reasonable prices. I don't think it's fair to get too sniffy when non-sax-players want to hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done also. Any one else want a copy whilst I've got my generous head on?

i've always loved that what a great tune if only ah .
i know more practice and i might yeh right
pip

Yes please! joelx_xsilber at hotmail dot com (remove x's)

Thanks.

That's really nice. It took me forever to wait for it to download on dial-up, but it was worth the wait. Very very nice!

I too would be interested in the backing track. I wonder though, is that backing track ok for Alto sax? Or is that for Tenor sax? Or how does that work? Does even matter?

And where would I find the score for the sax part? Or even a midi file? I could load the midi file into a sheet music program to generate the score.

What's the name of the piece? Baker Street? That's all the more I know.

I too would be interested in the backing track. I wonder though, is that backing track ok for Alto sax? Or is that for Tenor sax? Or how does that work? Does even matter?

You'd have to play the opening riff an octave down on the tenor unless you're happy with playing altissimo (needs A and G# on tenor), in which case I don't think it would have the same impact. Probably not that hard, but I haven't really got into altissimo yet.

And where would I find the score for the sax part? Or even a midi file? I could load the midi file into a sheet music program to generate the score.

I found some dots for this (for alto sax). If anyone wants them, PM me your email address.

Martin

Sweet dreamer (and anyone else who wants it) PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. It's an alto piece, and looses impact if you play it on the tenor. If you ask Martin nicely I'm sure he'll send you the dots. Have fun with it.

Oh this is great. Thanks guys.

I would have never picked up on all the sixteenth note runs by ear without the score. Of course I imagine the score is basically just a guide when it comes down to playing the nuances, but still, it can be a useful guide. In fact, I really couldn't make a lot sense between the recording and the score until I actually typed the score into a sheet music program and played it. Of course, being played that way the notes are being played precisely as they are written mechanically with no artistic expression. But still, it gives me an idea of how to begin to approach the piece in terms of fingering technique.

I'll probably be working on the first phrase for the next few months. :)))

But hey, that's cool. A person has to start somewhere. ;}