All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones Trevor James Classic Alto Serials

Petlyn

Café Supporter
Hi thanks for the visit.

Have bought myself a Trevor James Classic Alto in really nice condition I don't think it's been played 'ever'. I would like to find it's history looking at entries on the Internet I will guess early 2000. It's serial number is 0970 however there is a strange symbol maybe a poorly printed elongated D or squashed B that is spaced slightly from the numbers/figures and taller I don't think its supposed to be another 0, I'm baffled. I've had a look on Saxophone.org but the TJ's saxes are
sax.jpg
not listed. I attach a picture should anyone be in a position to advice. Thanks.

davidk

Paints With Notes
Hi - I had a TJ alto in the T00800 range that was from the early 1990s. This was just marked "The Horn", not Classic or another variant. Your serial number seems to be a different variant, with a leading D rather than a T, so it looks like they changed their number format at least once.

I currently have a TJ Raw alto in the T7000 range, which reflects the original format.

Have you tried getting in touch with the company directly? WorldWind Music

Good luck!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Petlyn

Café Supporter
Hi - I had a TJ alto in the T00800 range that was from the early 1990s. This was just marked "The Horn", not Classic or another variant. Your serial number seems to be a different variant, with a leading D rather than a T, so it looks like they changed their number format at least once.

I currently have a TJ Raw alto in the T7000 range, which reflects the original format.

Have you tried getting in touch with the company directly? WorldWind Music

Good luck!

Thank you for your quick interesting reply. No I never thought of contacting TJ thanks for the idea that I will do and of course post the answer here. Thanks again.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom