All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Sheet Music Transcription wanted for 'I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry' - Cannonball Adderley

Alexandra

Subscriber
Locality
London, Greater London
Hi everyone,

I've just joined today, so hello to you all. I'm a total beginner to the alto saxophone (3 weeks) and at the moment I'm practicing and getting a feel for the instrument (long notes, long notes and more long notes!)

I'll dive right in with my first question! Does anyone know where I can get a complete transcription of Cannonball's version of 'I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry'? I have a transcription of his solo but am looking for the full piece.

Thanks!
Alex

JazzMatt

Account Closed
Thanks! Its Dexter's version for the tenor but it's a help if I transpose it.
Even easier is if you install the free version of Musescore, you can load that transcription into it, highlight the tenor line, right client on it > stave properties > change instrument > select Alto Saxophone and it does it for you!!

jbtsax

Subscriber
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
If you can't find it in your key I can easily open the tune in Band in a Box and save it to a file in any key you want. Send me a pm if I can help.

OP
Alexandra

Alexandra

Subscriber
Locality
London, Greater London
Not sure if this is any help...?

Hi
I'm reviving this thread because this is even more help now I'm trying out tenors! Do you know how to download from saxsolos.com? I can't get it working? Also, do you have the whole Dexter Gordon version or just this section? Thank you! :)

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom