All profit supporting   special needs music

Sheet Music Transcribed Rock Sheet Books?

Grand Master Sax

Locality
Maine, USA
Haha hey all,

Do any of you know if there are any sheet music books/compilations of transcribed classic rock tunes and hits for the tenor? I know i'm probably fishing for a fish that does not exist here.:D It dosen't necessarily have to be just classic rock either... thanks guys!

EDIT: Difficulty isn't a issue. :)

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Are you talking about (1) the golden era of R & B instrumentals, ie the 50s and 60s that were played on tenor, or do you mean (2) rock hits in general that can be played as instrumentals on tenor?

Grand Master Sax

Locality
Maine, USA
Any and all Pete Thomas. I know some names that immediately come to mind are sax heavy groups like Pink Floyd and BB King, but those transcriptions are incredibly hard to find from my personal experience. So any song transcriptions playable on tenor are welcomed. Could just be the melody to a hit written for tenor too.

Sunray

Locality
Norfolk, UK
There is a heading for "Saxopedia" - Lots of Sax transcriptions [and loads of other interesting stuff for musicians]

Follow the links - [There are loads of Transcriptions that may interest you] :sax:

Last edited by a moderator:

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
"25 Great Sax Solos" by Eric J. Morones - published by Hal Leonard - may be the kind of thing you're looking for.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom