Toyota recall.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Why are Toyota making such a fuss about sticking accelerator pedals?

Surely the only ones who need to worry are the prototype pilotes at Le Mans, those partaking in the Le Mans and American Le Mans series and those unlucky enough to be given a ride in their Formula One cars? Otherwise phrases about rice pudding and skin spring to mind.

Waiting patiently for Old Corollas' blood pressure to rise. ;}

oldcorollas

Why are Toyota making such a fuss about sticking accelerator pedals?

Surely the only ones who need to worry are the prototype pilotes at Le Mans, those partaking in the Le Mans and American Le Mans series and those unlucky enough to be given a ride in their Formula One cars? Otherwise phrases about rice pudding and skin spring to mind.

Waiting patiently for Old Corollas' blood pressure to rise. ;}
LOL, because they will get sued by stupid americans who are too stupid to... say..... turn the key to the off position... or move the gear lever to the N position :w00t:

instead, they will call 911 and then drive uncontrollably around freeways until the crash...

but the main reason, is because the US (or canadian?) supplier who made the pedals, cut corners and made a dodgy product, and i think toyota is pretty ****ed about it. which is why they are halting production and doing the recall.

i dunno.. if people actually had half an idea abotu how a car works.. surely they could turn the car off, or put in neutral and then not crash? ya know?...

LOL.. mmm pudding... even pudding can get to 100km/hr on a highway if left long enough :)))

edit: far from blood boiling, i think it will be very interesting to see how Toyota Japan handles the issue of Toyota America not maintaining the quality of the brand, and for such a safety item too! hmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
jonf;17687 Will take you out for a ride in the Mrs' Landcruiser 4.2. Could pull your enture block along the railway line to Clapham Junction.[/QUOTE said:
Enture block?
Is that a medical condition usually cured by such severe traction?

jonf

It's the correct medical term for a particularly severe form of constipation suffered uniquely by banjo players. Most medics take the view that it's as well to just leave the blockage in place as all banjoists are inherently full of **it.:D

(actually I just meant entire block, referring to the block of flats where OG lives.)

OP
old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
It's the correct medical term for a particularly severe form of constipation suffered uniquely by banjo players. Most medics take the view that it's as well to just leave the blockage in place as all banjoists are inherently full of **it.:D

(actually I just meant entire block, referring to the block of flats where OG lives.)
Thanks for the laughs guys but used to teach police methods to civilians and on the limit control using skid pans and circuits.

Spent some time on a company contract with Porsche UK. Only the specified Toy Otters plus genuine works Dakars are likely to cause any worry.

Used to amuse ourselves baffling three and two point eight litre Capri S owners by leaving them behind with TR7s. How were they to know about the V8s under the front end? Two exhaust pipes might have been a clue. ;}

postscript:-Only goes to prove that if thou tootest not thine own bassoon, trumpet, flute, saxophone or even banjo, the same shall not be tootest. :confused: Finds difficulty manoeuvring head through door. :(

Top Bottom