PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces TOP Gold Plated jazz Metal Mothpiece for Tenor Sax...from Chinese Ebayer, anyone?

rsproduction

Locality
Florence (Italy)

Attachments

• $T2eC16J,!ygFIif10lBZBSKJKD5yvg~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16J,!ygFIif10lBZBSKJKD5yvg~~60_57.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 188
The free cardboard box being the clincher !! ..... even if said box sounds better than the mouthpiece does, I`m sure the piece can be worked on by someone over here to bring it up to scratch .

• Condition: Brand New (Not a used one found in an old Sax case)
  • Material: Yellow Brass (as opposed to Green brass from recycled watering cans)
  • Surface: Gold plated (albeit a cold dip as fast as possible)
  • Tone:Bb (as Eb ones are for Altos)
  • Metal material ensures its longevity (in 9 out of 10 cases, Chinese brass beat Wax)
  • Metal ligature offers secured holding of the reed (if you use the term loosely)
  • Perfect intonation,and good quality, instructor approved. (Mpc selling Instructor )

Last edited:
Having actualy owned three of these I can say they are a fair budget piece. The one you're looking at from e seller is the best of the bunch. They used to mark them up as sharkbite and delacole and John packer are selling a very similar looking thing for £100. They look good. The gold does rub off after a time but that happens with all plating. They have a bright tone and seem to be consistent in their manufacturing. I've had a sop a tenor and an alto. The sop was replaced by a Bari esprit which was cheaper and suited me much better. The tenor was replaced by a vintage Lelandais. The alto never stood a chance against my Ben Davis. They sell well second hand for only a little less than you'll pay there. Typically £15 to £20 in my experience. I suppose they'd be a reasonably cheap blank to experiment with lay adjusting if you're so inclined.

I play G4M Chinese import saxes and so they may be well matched. I don't know how they'd play on anything else.

They don't glow in the dark and they don't taste funny and they're not infectious or poisonous. They are what they are, fair enough and nothing special.

Many Tks for your reply. Regarding the tips opening how can I compare they? I've used an Ottolink 7.
May I take a 7 or what? Best wishes!

I'm not sure. I seem to remember Tommapfumo posting some comparisons on another thread. There have been several threads about them. If he doesn't respond here , perhaps a pm to him would get a response.

I got one recently and it's pretty good at the price. Gives a nice sound, either smooth or raspy as you wish. Only problem I had was my teeth sliding on the top, but a plastic patch fixed that.

Wich size did you choose? There is some corrispondence with ottolink tip opening code or with other major brands?

A 7 is about the same as an Otto Link 7. As with the Link, it's a mid sized tip opening which would suit most players.

I've has a couple of these, and I agree with Colin's comments in every way. You might get one from an EU seller, saving any risk of customs fees. If memory serves me right the last one I bought was £29. I chopped the end off it to make a C melody piece. Worked very well.

.........or at least get into the 80s Mod revival

I am expecting B to be less shrilling, but I would not hold my breath about how they will sound.
Lawton? Guardala? Berg Larsen? B looks a bit Dukoffish.

The point is that if facing and rails are less than perfect, everything else is pointless. To have it fixed, you should add at least some €100.