Too Much Jazz on the Cafe

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Yes you read right>:):shocked:. Wait while I find my hardhat:D Did he really say that:confused: Yes I did:)))

Ok you get the general idea by now.

This thread I hope is based around something different. https://app.box.com/s/ppzsok3ih09ppv80sqnb is a link to a track I came up with a couple of days ago called "Last Cabbage" As you can hear it's not jazz:w00t: Sorry if anyone thought I was joking:)

Have a listen, if you like the basic track, then I'll come up with all the individual instrument tracks so you can play around with this one on your own. So you'll get Organ, Bass, Drums, x2 guitar tracks, horn section( which is the full length of the track btw), also the melody played by the vibes.. Plus a leadsheet.. The idea is you can make the track your own. With your sax playing, your arrangement of the instruments, the final mix etc etc..

You never know we all might learn something:) But, more than that we might enjoy it..

btw if you take the tracks you got to post.;}

Chris..

I'll give it a whirl Chris, thanks, now where do I get the files? :w00t:

Count me in too.
It's got a nice Ska, Rocksteady backbeat to it.
Kinda like Specials "A Message to you Rudy".

OK! I've added an Eb sheet to the folder..

Chris..

I like the idea that if you take the tracks you have to post, I would go one further and say you can only comment if you post. I'm , not sure exactly what's involved. But I am up for it Chris. Im sure we will have some constructive comments from all the guys that are also in.

Ska meets Strangelove meets Orange Juice
LOL that`s about it. But I just had a bit of a flash in the pan and put in down as fast as I could hence the awful Singing, timing, and playing but I enjoyed doing it as such a rate and I don`t think I`ll bother redoing any of it again:)LOL

It's what it is Clivey, a little bit of fun..

Chris..

Thanks for the link to the files Chris

I haven't a clue what to do with them and for now I don't have the free time to learn so to quote those Dragons, "I'm out"

Had a real quick go at this and it shows in the resulting take.
Not too sure where I was heading, but here it is anyway.
https://app.box.com/s/oz3tqv37ptdp3vcoreav
Nick.

It's good

Did I hear "A Message to You Cabbage Features"?

Last edited:
It's good

Thanks Ivan.
I was determined to get that in one way or another.
That was our theme tune when I was a teenager along with Concrete jungle.

Your a brave man Bb. :thumb:
@ Ian. I noticed you are also having a look. Any tips on using this piece in a similar way to Iotm. :)

Your a brave man Bb. :thumb:
@ Ian. I noticed you are also having a look. Any tips on using this piece in a similar way to Iotm.
hi,
sorry i have not really got round to this one yet, got to catch up on stuff to do, upcoming gigs, recording, teaching, repairing (bread 'n' butter stuff :)etc,etc)

It's good

Cool.mr Bb .I like the skanky tromboneish tones in the improv sections. Thats exactly what I was trying for too. I think it takes it back in time past 70`s Ska and more into 60`s Rocksteady territory. I think "A message to U Rudeboy" is pretty hard to get away from on this .The Vibes lead is very suggestive ( if you decide to use them).

Thanks Chris and Clivey for the comments.
Pre 70's Ska and Rocksteady is where the great stuff lies (Desmond Dekker, Derrick Morgan, Prince Buster etc etc.)
Just listened to yours again Clivey and really got a Judge Dread type of feel from it.
Very cool, brings me back to my earlier years.
Nick.

Last edited by a moderator: