All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Tomplay online play along

Bruce Grove

I was just looking at the Tomplay online play along website, it looks like it might be quite useful. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using the Tomplay playalongs?

Ang

Café Supporter
I had a quick look at just the way you are but it seemed to jump an octave in parts. So many good play alongs on you tube, why not try there

ajmiller

Has anyone gone for this? SaxTuition on YouTube has a code for 30% off the annual subscription (not sure if that's every year from now) which works out at about £60 a year for me in the UK. The backing tracks are fairly good and there's the facility to loop sections and change tempo. Seems to be plenty of sheet music for various levels - and it's licensed! I've taken the 14 day trial to give it a go. Here's the YT offer in case you may be tempted.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNd1Ca9tksQ

BertieBut

Café Supporter
As this was first posted in 2020 I wondered if the Saxtuition code would still knock 30% off the list price. It did!
No spoilers - I’ll leave you watch Jeremy’s review to get the code.

Mat

Yep. Old post, but if anyone is interested I use it quite a bit. Well worthwhile in my opinion. My son plays all the difficult tricky stuff that I can't play, and I belt out the fun stuff. Great learning tool, easy to use. Good songs. And no.... recent hoo har aside, I am not affiliated in any way ;)

georgesax

I use it occasionally. I did not subscribe and just buy individual songs. The backing track are good, but the play along is not of good quality. It does not sound like a real saxophone play more like an electronic instrument.

Mat

I use it occasionally. I did not subscribe and just buy individual songs. The backing track are good, but the play along is not of good quality. It does not sound like a real saxophone play more like an electronic instrument.
Yep. I use it for the backing track. Never even listened to the play along!

Dave Dunn

I haven't tried Tomplay, but I've recently made an account with Karaoke Version, so I thought I'd mention that here. The account is free, but you pay for individual songs (there's a fairly long list of free songs too). You can simply have a Karaoke version, or a customisable backing track, where you can mix or mute the various instruments to your liking, and adjust the key. The customisable backing tracks are mostly £2.99, they cost me $4.14aud each. The great thing is that once you've paid for a track, you can adjust it and download it as many times as you like.
I think this is great for recording, if so inclined, you could replace every instrument one by one over time. For example, you download the track with everything bar saxophone and record the sax part. Later, you can download the track with the guitar muted, and record yourself (or friend) playing the guitar part. Later, download it again, with the bass muted, record yourself playing bass..... I'm sure you get the idea by now.
You can use the track privately, for friends and family, but you are supposed to email them for express permission if you wish to use the track commercially.
I just thought I'd tack this onto the thread as another option, anyone interested in Tomplay will be interested in this I would think.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom