PPT mouthpieces

Today's Practise Room

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
Locality
Citizen of Nowhere
One of the really cool things about the sax is that you can play it absolutely anywhere. You don't need an amp, pedals, mixing desk, plug-ins, power of any sort, dozens of flight cases. Nothing. Just one case with your sax, reeds, piece and sling and you can play at performance volumes with performance sound quality anywhere you please.

And that means you can go rambling across the countryside while playing if the mood takes you. Which it did today. ;)

I played for about an hour in one place and then decided to play and walk and just see where I ended up. I can honestly say that playing while walking cross-country is a little tricky. I even managed to accidentally entertain a few people who 'loved it' on the way, too.

I think I'll do it again tomorrow. :D

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 90
One of my bucket list items is to play on a hill overlooking Loch Ness

We had a few days on a site on the banks of Loch Ness, no monster :(

Jx

Given how specific this dream is, there has to be a story behind why it has to be Loch Ness.

Only bagpipes are allowed around Loch Ness during the monster mating season.

There are so many jokes about a 'monster mating season' in Scotland ... every single one of which I'm pretty certain would get me banned from here. :D

The Scottish side of my family is from Sand/Muir of Ord via Loch Ness. My greatx4 Grandfather was the blacksmith of Sand and his Son became a very successful master blacksmith in Inverness. His trip was South then East along Ness

It will sound a great deal better than the piper who used to inhabit the head of Glencoe during my climbing trips x years ago.

It will sound a great deal better than the piper who used to inhabit the head of Glencoe during my climbing trips x years ago.
The one that used to stand in full 'highland dress' and do quite well from being photographed by gullible tourists? Used to see him every time I went on a walking trip to the Highlands or Skye. Not done that since e 2001

My Brother has a very small boat that he has moored on Loch Lomond, he used to row out a few hundred yards and then play his flute, I would like to do the same with my sax one day..

South Liverpool, I don't know, where the cats have no tails and they talk with a strange accent, I imagine the lake filled with old rusting supermarket trollies, prams & bikes lol..
Too my shame I don't think I have been there in the last 40 years & that was for a firework display at night!!!

Back
Top Bottom