All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Todays offering

Saxlicker

Todays offering before I give it a rest and pay my family a little more attention is....Simply Stated.

I wasn't going to upload until I learned it properly (it's OK up to about 2 minutes then is very loosely based on what should be going on) but as I just mentioned, its time to pay the family some attention.

Again all constructive stuff is welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=994353

Taz

Busking Oracle
There were a couple of places, where the sax didn't appear to follow the backing track, namely at around 1.10. I did pause it just to check that I didn't have two tunes playing at the same time. I'm not sure what happened there. Ok that's my only criticism (quite a big one really) but, if you listen to just the sax, its beautiful. Your so expressive. I love the way you show feeling (I'm sure there's a musical word for it) through the notes you play. Your tone is gorgeous!
Now got tell the kids their great and give the wife a kiss for all her patients!

Saxlicker

Thanks Taz....

Yeah that wasn't supposed to happen!
Something glitchy went on in garage band and I have redone it now.
Should be as intended this time.

EDIT JUST HAD ANOTHER LISTEN AND ITS STILL NOT RIGHT.
The track has shifted some how and I will need time to work out how to split it and push those bits into place.
Ah well! that'll teach me to rush.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxlicker

OK that's as good as it gets ......
I've nearly lost the track a couple of times so no more messin' with it!
Taz is it still the same area for you that feels wrong?
Anything wrong that I hear now is down to my lackings in playing ability.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
If thats lacking in ability then what hope is there for the rest of us??:shocked:
Very nice on a Sat morning,thanks for posting.:welldone:welldone

Chris.

Saxlicker

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I'm really pleased you like it.

Yeah, I'm not trying to emphasise the 'lacking'. There is more than hope for us all and some very good beginnings have been posted recently that will surely just get better and better.
I am happy enough with the fruits of my labour to post the results, all I mean is...
That is as much quality as I know how to drag from this one, subject to being a better player.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.
There are now 2 versions uploaded slightly different EQ. This is because when I upload to that hosting site it changes slightly(like a remaster or compression thing going on).
So simply stated now, is an effort to compensate for what happens uploading to the site and bring back what I hear in the original.
It sort of worked.
1) Which do you prefer?
2) How does the sax sit in the mix? too high? too low (ha ha!) or about right?

Thanks again

compound

Hi,
Listening to them both i think i like the first one the most, although they are both good. The first one just seemed to have a more complete sound, maybe the EQ was different, your sax sounded more fluent to me. But both really good.
Rob.

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Saxlicker,they both sound v.good.As an example of a persons playing,the mix was just fine,with the sax sat well on top of the mix.Now the next bit is my taste so we all should differ here.If it was a final mix on a cd then perhaps the sax could be backed of a little.But like I said thats pure taste and a non professonal opinion..The tone you get from your setup is really good,Your improv part was in keeping with the rest of the track and was tastefully done..Once again thanks for posting..

Chris

Rico Vandoren

I've just put this track on, and left it playing while looking at various posts on the forum. By the time it ended I had forgotten that I wasn't listening to a CD, but a post by one of our forum members. This is really good- thanks for posting it.

Taz

Busking Oracle
****, was that the same track I listened to first time? It's absolutely flawless. Another inspirational piece.

andyb1970

Really beautiful sound, could listen to this all day. Want to go pick up my sax now and practice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxlicker

Lovely comments,
Thanks again for listening one and all.
I think I will take it down in the mix a little when I get time and replace it on the soundclick page.
Taz, it was supposed to be the same track, I really don't know what happened the 1st time around.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom