All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

TJ Custom raw alto.

navarro

Afternoon every one, last week I took receipt of my brand new TJ custom raw alto. It was like a dream seemed like a feather after my student Artemis. This week however I am experiencing great difficulty with F higher and lower, it seems as if the keys jam. I normally have no problem on the old Art. My teacher is on vacation at the moment and being a greenhorn ( been blowing four months) do not want to pester TJ with something, which someone on the forum has a quick answer to. Or indeed if someone has experienced a similar problem. Thanks in advance. Regds. N

jazzdoh

I have the same horn but have no issues with it,great sound,great ergos.
What you need to do is if it is possible take it back to the place were you bought it from,noticed you live in London did you buy it from one of the London shops eg(sax.co.uk or howarths) and get one of their players to play it then you will know if there is a problem and they should if the problem is small fix it there and then.
Seeing that you haven't been playing for long this might be the best way to go.

Brian

jbtsax

Subscriber
If by "keys jam" you mean that the key you press to play F does not come back up, you might check to see that the spring is attached to the spring cradle or post. If the spring is attached and the key does not come back up, disengage the spring and move the key up and down with your fingers. If there is any friction or resistance at all, it means that either the key is bent or there is something lodged in the mechanism. Occasionally a piece of packing cork used to keep the keys closed when shipping new instruments will remain and gum up the works. If a bent key is diagnosed, it is best to take it to the shop.

navarro

Thanks all, as usual good sound advice. My teacher comes back from vacation on Saturday and I will wait for him to have a blow and see if he encounters the same problem if he does, then I will go back to the retailer. Thanks again. N.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom