All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Time to finish what I start...

... for once.

I've been given the opportunity to study at uni level doing: BA (Hons) in Art and Design with Foundation Year(Part-time).

I won't be having lessons anymore (yet to tell my tutor) as I want to focus on my art. Though, it's not permanent.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm giving sax a little rest, so probably won't be on here all that often.

Hope you all are well!

Fiona.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
You should still have time to relax with the sax. But good luck with your studies. Will be great to see you drop in and let us know how it's going!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Essex girl goes to Uni?

Go for it and most important enjoy being a student again.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Good luck with your course, don't give up the sax totally, even if you only pick it up for 15 mins a day.:)

Jx

llamedos

For sure we'll miss your enthusiasm but look forward to your return (?with a new artistically designed avatar?). Do try to keep your chops in shape with the occasional blow - as they say, all work and no play makes ...... you know what I mean. Good luck and best wishes.

Dave

TomMapfumo

Hi Fiona!

It sounds really exciting and that you need to do what you need to do. I hope it goes really well for you and I will pass on positive vibes to you every time I play my alto sax. Thanks for letting us know what is happening.

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Essex girl goes to Uni?
Good luck with your course, don't give up the sax totally, even if you only pick it up for 15 mins a day.:)

Jx
I do not want to sound pushy, but please remember that if you practise your scales while still young, it is much easier to overcome the boring, necessary, steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Don't give up the sax Fi.

Any artistic endeavour benefits from influences from other disciplines.

As an art and design professional I find inspiration in the most unusual and unexpected places.

Noodling on the sax opens up the imagination.

Good luck with the course and don't let the tutors fob you off with easy answers. Make the blighters work!

Andy

Thanks everyone. You lot give good advice, though we'll see. I suppose a quick play isn't that much of an effort to do daily. But lesson wise, I don't think I can keep that up with doing the course (even though it's part-time). :)

I'll keep you guys updated. Sayonara for now.

.... and as for you , old git, that's just cheeky. How very dare you, lol. :)

trimmy

One day i will...
Giving the sax a rest !!!! Students have plenty of time on their hands >:) wish i was a student i'd be able to put at least 4 hours practice a day on the sax ;}

Good luck with the art, but don't neglect the sax 'you will regret it if you do' :)

Young Col

Best of luck Fiona and do keep playing if only occcasionally! And drop into the caff from time to time to see what's occuring.

Wish I was a student again.... Oh, I am, I'm learning sax.

Andante cantabile

You are right to concentrate on your academic work. In time it will earn you a living. If you have to work to support your studies, you obviously need to allocate your time according to your priorities. All the same, why not set aside some time each day for some scales and a few tunes.

AndyWhiteford

I went back to art school, aged 25 , for a post grad, and spent most of my term's grant-money on my first saxophone, an old Blessing alto, which I taught myself while "studying". You'll find time to blow now & again while you're there, I guess, plus it might give you another social angle - meet some new friends through playing music.

-A-

TomMapfumo

It does sound to me that Fi is having a break from sax, and that is does not seem primarily because she hasn't necessarily got the time to play it, as if the course will take up all her available time. Sounds more like a brief sabbatical to me.

Kind regards
Tom

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Don't give up the sax Fi.

Any artistic endeavour benefits from influences from other disciplines.

As an art and design professional I find inspiration in the most unusual and unexpected places.

Noodling on the sax opens up the imagination.

Good luck with the course and don't let the tutors fob you off with easy answers. Make the blighters work!

Andy
As a former member of Worthing Art College Staff I totally agree- everything feeds everythying else... have a great time... and don't get put off by the life models!

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom