support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Three great tenor mouthpieces

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Well, as some of you might have seen from my posts elsewhere, I’ve overcome a constant desire to change tenor mouthpieces. I’ve been playing a modified link, which is a bit like a Fry Floridated link which has been supercharged. And turbocharged. With a nitrous kit. So, I’m selling a few of my other pieces. For all, I’ll donate 5% to Pete’s fund, and the postage will be £6.50, insured special delivery.

RPC 115B, complete with well fitting Rovner lig. Has a couple of small tooth marks, but nothing at al which in any way affects how it plays. Tip, rails and table all undamaged. Plays great, bright but with a sort of thick, rich middle. You can still get these, and Ron’s craftsmanship is fantastic. Unfortunately his delivery times are not, so this gives you the chance to save a few quid and avoid months of waiting. £160.

Morgan Fry Floridated Otto Ling Super Tonemaster 7*. Excellent condition, complete with lig and brass cap. Plays great, easy altissimo, thick strong tone. Big saving on new price. £160

LAW Buzzer 8*, which is a 0.115 opening complete with the rare and funky LAW ligature. These are very rarely available used, and you can’t get them new, as Laurie has stopped making them due to customers being such a pain in the a**e. Fantastic mouthpiece, bright, loud but not shrill. Beautifully made, great to play, and just a fabulous object. The thinnest, most precisely manufactured rails you’ve ever seen. Excellent condition. Given that you can’t get them any more and that it comes with the rare as rocking horse **** lig, £220.

If there is interest, I can take some pics and send them out. It no-one here wants them I’ll flog them on eBay, but as they are all interesting mouthpieces which have been the subject of discussion in the Café I thought I’d offer them here first.

Send me a PM if interested.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm interested in your Morgan Fry - any chance of trying out? - I'm in Hampshire (Petersfield) so not far from Sussex/Surrey.
Cheers,
Col

Curses- timed that one badly... under other circumstances I'd have been very interested in these fellows :(

Hi Jon,

I'm interested in your Morgan Fry - any chance of trying out? - I'm in Hampshire (Petersfield) so not far from Sussex/Surrey.
Cheers,
Col

Hi Col, I'm a fair way from Petersfield, as I'm right down in the far South East corner of Surrey. It's a good three hour round trip, either via M25 or cross country via A275. I don't mind letting you try it out if you really fancy the drive.

Jon

Pics of all now available, and the ones for Jose will be on their way by email shortly.

Just for the sake of absolute honesty I should say that the Fry has some plating wear, some on the table where it has been levelled, and some cosmetic wear on the body and shank, I guess where it has been handled while the work was being done. It also has some barely discernable tooth marks. Too small to photograph.

The Buzzer is in brilliant condition, and is numbered 135, marked A D Buzzer and has the tip opeining and lay marked on it. It really is a very classy piece, as Birdman will be able to testify.

Hi Col, I'm a fair way from Petersfield, as I'm right down in the far South East corner of Surrey. It's a good three hour round trip, either via M25 or cross country via A275. I don't mind letting you try it out if you really fancy the drive.

Jon

Hi Jon,
Too far for me at present - wife's got me fully booked for the next few weekends. I was hoping you lived nearby and I could sneak over. Good luck with the sale,
Col

As the happy recipient of the Buzzer I'd just like to say that it's a jolly nice thing. I gigged it last night (after all of 30 secs preparatory puff on it) and didn't feel tempted to change all night. Usually with a new mouthpiece I get halfway through the first number and think, "Oh gawd, give me the Guardala back". This was v. good though.

As the happy recipient of the Buzzer I'd just like to say that it's a jolly nice thing. I gigged it last night (after all of 30 secs preparatory puff on it) and didn't feel tempted to change all night. Usually with a new mouthpiece I get halfway through the first number and think, "Oh gawd, give me the Guardala back". This was v. good though.

If you hadn't bought that piece I would have! I should check this area out more frequently! Of course if you ever want to sell it ;} PM me!

Very pleased to hear it Nick.

Last chance before I put them on eBay at the weekend. Any interest in the Morgan Fry and RPC, both now at £150 plus postage? This is a significant saving over new, and avoids waiting for a new one, which can be many months in the case of the RPC.

Jon

RPC now on hold pending funds. Floridated Link anyone?

RPC now sold and Floridated link on hold pending funds.

All now sold. One sold via another method, two from here. Thanks to the buyers, and to Pete for the facility. A donation has been made.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom