support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Thought I did this all ready...

You did, but new members posts are moderated, stopps the spammers sneaking in and posting a pile of junk while we're asleep... I've deleted the original, can't have double posts.

Big welcome from me, have fun!

Hey Hey Fiona ...

Welcome to the Cafe ... :thumb:
Sunray waves from nearby [North Norfolk] :old:

You have a good variety of hobbies and interests there ...

But tell us more about your musical preferences ..

Who are your favourite bands/groups what style of music do you prefer ...

Why the Sax, do you have a teacher yet, how far are you getting with your theory and so on and so on etc ... ;}

We just like to know everything there is to know ... :)))

Sometimes it's dance/trance/dubstep/breakcore, and other times it's soundtracks, or another day it could be rock such as nickelback through to death metal. My favourite genre has to be symphonic/orchestral metal though. Such as Metallica's S&M album.

I have a teacher, a very good one. I chose the sax originally at age 13 or 14 because of Lisa Simpson. Haha. But my mum couldn't afford the rental on it. My fiancé bought me a sax for xmas just gone. I'd love to learn some 80s classics - careless whisper - George Michael, for example. Baker Street is my goal for this year though.

I'm doing ok with theory, having trouble though with compound time sigs, and harmonic/melodic scales. I get confused about which note to raise (6th/7th) and when! Lol.

Hope this keeps you busy for now. I've got to go - have a doc's appointment. See you guys later. Fi.

Hey Fiona ...

That was a quick reply ...

Thanks ... :thumb:

I have loads of questions ...

But I will spread them out over the years ahead ... :)))

dance/trance/dubstep/breakcore ??? :shocked:

So Careless Whisper is it?! Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

A Big Welcome to you from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down by yer in South Wales, isn't it! Hope you have a fun time at the Cafe and get some good support and encouragement in learning the stuff that you are interested in playing. Motivation is certainly the key in this respect. Alto is my favourite sax................

Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom