• FORUM MAINTENANCE
    The forum will be closed today at approx 13:34 GMT hopefully only for about 30 minutes

Sorry for any inconvenience and stress this may cause. Just remain calm and take slow breaths, it won't be for long

This must be a new style of sax technique

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I think I've worked it out, but can't post my thoughts in a family forum. Interesting blowing technique, though - and it's clearly a solo instrument.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Some other thoughts:

The player is overweight and likes to use his/her belly as a mute

The player is not good and has had previous experience of music lovers filling the bell with beer to deaden the sound.

The player is a contortionist and likes to demonstrate this by pressing the keys after wrapping his/her hands around the far side of the sax.

The player is shy, can't look at his/her audience, so plays hunched up, back to the audience bell between the thighs. Just as well this isn't a bari, as the low notes could be misinterpreted.

The owner bought a teach yourself the sax book which only had a fingering chart and no assembly instructions. Tried to play and failed, so gave up learning, polished the sax and put it up for sale.

losaavedra

All wrong! Clearly this is a saxophone used by someone playing in the style of M.C. Escher, living in an apartment where the walls are a mere 1' 10" apart. Unlike all the rest of us (well almost all) this intrepid musician has yet to discover, due to the permanently jammed open alt pad, that there are some extra low notes available that might come in handy for the odd tune (although most of his tunes come out sounding pretty odd already!). Unfortunately I've so far been unable to figure out how this guy manages to work an mp that has been fitted almost upside down. I did try this myself once but, apart from discovering an infallible cure for hiccups (patent no. 254384992 still pending), the resulting tingling vibration caused my eyes to water and my nose to become detached. I have started a thread in the 'technical' part of this forum entitled "Why does My Nose Keep Falling Off?" in the hope that one of the more experienced among us can shed some light.

Top Bottom